Which Pattern System to use

OSI Superboard II here… with a 70’s portable cassette deck as ‘storage’. So I got to play with some seriously old CADs. It’s still hard to fight my Illustrator (90’s, early 00’s) knowledge into Seamly, but it’s got to happen, yes? :crazy_face: :computer:

1 Like

Well, at least it was a cheap way to store. :slight_smile: I remember paying upwards of $500 for my first “20 meg” harddrive for a C= Amiga 500. It cost as much as the computer!

1 Like

Well this sort of fits what pattern system do I use… I’m now working on cutting some costumes for a cruise ship show. Like I’ve stated elsewhere I currently find it quicker drafting a pattern with pencil and paper. With the current tails jacket I’m working on, I already have a size 40, but need a 42. So… I will just grade it - which is just quicker than trying to put it in Seamly2D. I pretty much use the same grading rules from the book I had back at the University - Jack Handford’s book on grading.

To expedite the grade movements I use a Dario grading machine. You attach a pattern piece to the machine, and it has 2 sets of knobs to move up and dn, left and right, with ruler markings to precisely move a piece so you can draw the grade point areas. Then you simply play connect the dots so to speak to clran the puece up.

1 Like