Valentina versus seamly2d

HI: Well making my first steps here i have a doubt valentina is same program to seamly? the instructions manual are same for both programs? at last i’ve foubnd a valentina manual translate to spanish maybe can help-me isn’t right? thanks a lot. P.D: I’ve seen too that there are a some words with a translation mistake that in spanis spells with another word how i can do for change it?

Hola de nuevo: dando mis primeros pasos por aqui acabo de descubrir un manual de valentina y tengo una duda ¿ Ee valentina y Seamly el mismo programa? sirve el mismo manual para los dos?¿ Puede ayudarme el manual de valentina con Seamly? P.D: Acabo de ver en las traducciones algunas palabras que no tienen una buena traduccion y podria crear confusiones ¿Hay alguna manera de corregirlo? Thanks a loooot

2 Likes

Bienvenido @Malicat: Valentina y Seamly son programas differentes, pero esso es nuevo por unos annos, pues el mismo manual sirve mas o menos por los dos, pero las differencias son mas y mas. Hay un manual anciano de espanol en la wiki Seamly. Tambien, nos gustan a ayudarlos aqui.

Puede ayuda con la traduccion por un thread aqui. Creo que usted puede ayudar en github tambien, pero no lo entiendo.

I did not realise my poor Spanish was that good. Here’s my native English, in case Google is lying to me about how well I did:

Welcome Malicat: Valentina & Seamly have been separate programs for several years, however the same manual will more or less work for both, but the differences are becoming more & more notable. There is an ancient Spanish manual on the Seamly wiki. Also, we love to help people on our forum here!

You can help with the translation by posting a thread here on the forum. I think that you can also help on github, but I don’t know how that works.

:unicorn:

1 Like

I have the word document if you wish to change anything, but this manual was written in 2017 and the program has undergone some upgrades since then including the fork away from Valentina, so we’re due for a brand new manual :slight_smile:

Well if you need help from me to translate you must only say.

1 Like

Actually, we are busy trying to upgrade the measurement areas for SeamlyMe, if you would cast your eye over the Spanish column, please, and correct any that are incorrect, it will be a huge help.

The .xls sheet is on this topic: New translations project - #21 by Douglas

You can delete all the other languages just leaving the English & the Spanish, add ‘Spanish’ to the file name and return it to me when you’re done. That will be wonderful.

:slight_smile: Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course i will see.

1 Like

Grace i looked and i dont see any mistake i see all translations correct but maybe there are some diferences words relative to spanish and spanish latin . But there are a lot of mesurements that when you draw a patter in paper we dont put is more easy.in the Bust area for exemple we call in spain pecho to busto, but i think in english the good translation is chest.( i’m no sure that chest name is the area of body, and bust the piece) can tell of two forms,but, in spanish is other thing. The bust is a plaster figure from head to chest without the rest of body.

1 Like

The English is correct. It is the guide to work by when translating the other languages. We also use the term ‘bust’ when measuring women but normally use the term ‘chest’ for men, however, we decided to go with only the one measurement since they are both taken along the same lines for both men & women - to keep our list a bit shorter.

I’ve noticed that there is no translation at codes G20 & G38, if you could possibly add these, please:

Thank you :slight_smile:

HI: se lo preguntare a mi profesora la semana que viene porque no estoy segura. En la costilla no veo ningun punto de medida ni en el delantero ni el trasero: el 35 es la medida de espalda de sisa a sisa este esta en la mitad. a menos que en algun metodo de patronaje se incluya esta medida como ancho de bajo torax es que esta entre pecho y cintura y no se si seria para pantalones de cintura alta o jumpers.

1 Like

Technically… it is correct for men to call it “chest”, while in women “chest” and “bust” are 2 different measurements. The bust measurement is taken over / on the bust, while the chest measurement is taken under the bust - the difference more or less is determined by the cup size.

That being said, at our shop our measurement form are labeled “chest / bust”… where for women we generally just use the bust measurement to alter costumes, unless it’s something tightly darted.

1 Like

Hi grace: Yesterday i was talking with my pattern teacher and she said me that this mesure in the point 20 in front and 38. 38 point in the back is a contorno (circumference) de costilla la mitad. and the number 20 arco de busto mitad delantero. is a contorno too but under torax between busto and costilla.i h ope this felp you for the translations.

1 Like

Thank you very much, @Malicat. I’ll add them. :slight_smile:

i’m watching your videos.

1 Like

Perhaps the bullet should be bitten and just change ‘bust’ to ‘nipple’, at least for localization? (That does seem to be where the measurements are taken from.)

1 Like

The correct term is Bust point. :wink:

2 Likes