the user interface for seamly has some usability issues. Some could be best addressed through documentation and tutorials and some would be better addressed through changes to the software.
- it is not good to make sweeping changes that force existing users to learn new ways of working
- it is good to simplify and clarify which options to use to accomplish a task
- create a “cheat sheet” that is less than a page, perhaps suitable to be printed and used as a physical laminated “bookmark”
- this cheat sheet would cover a complete list of tools in each mode (draw, detail, layout)
- perhaps a “poster” that is designed to be used with the “cheat sheet” could provide a quick overview of the seamly tool, workflow, and usability
- use KISS principle, this is not intended to replace a user manual
This thread might be a good place to discuss what, if any, changes need to be made to tool placement.
This discussion was triggered by this thread: https://forum.seamly.net/t/union-tool-or-combine-tool/3168