Why is a Pattern Piece shown stippled (like seams) on the Details screen and doesn’t export correctly - unlike other pieces in the pattern. All Pieces are selected in the Detail Panel list. Apologies if this is a dumb question - I’m new to Seamly2D
Hi! welcome aboard!
Often this means that something is mixed up. I see that you have a tail jutting back to C14 from C22, I also note a C18 buried in there. So, my guess is that you selected your nodes in the wrong order, &/or you selected unneeded nodes in odd places. It’s likely that a curve starts backwards as well. There are so many possibilities for where it went wrong that it certainly isn’t a dumb question, even if it ends up being an easy fix!
Of course, it’s also possible that you found a nifty bug.
If you’d like to post the release date of your copy of Seamly, & upload the VAL & VIT files, we’d be happy to help figure out just exactly what went wrong! (The upload icon is the box with the arrow just at the center of the post toolbar here, it’s also handy for posting screenshots.)
I just used the Casual Men’s Shirt file that was uploaded here (others appear to have used it successfully) [https://bitbucket.org/dismine/valentina/downloads]. With the supplied dimension file its fine but I’ve narrowed the issue down to changing a few of the measurements - by a few cm. Haven’t narrowed down which one(s) cause the issue but none of the changes should cause that behaviour. I haven’t made any changes to the Details - only the measurement file. Using Seamly2D 0.6.01
but which release date of 0.6.0.1? ETA: (Looking at it, without making any changes, in the 20201130 release of Seamly2D 0.6.0.1 using Linux, it looks quite different than the picture you posted. Still not great, but acceptable-ish. There have been enough changes without a version update recently that at the moment the release date is more meaningful than the version number.)
You can find it by looking at the “About Seamly2D” dialog in the “Help” menu. It should be right under the contributors list.
Looking closer at the pattern, it seems to have been made expressly for the purpose of learning how to use Seamly by fixing all the problems.
Here’s the fixed file, if you don’t want to do it yourself. MaleShirt.val (71.8 KB) I only uploaded the VAL since you already have the VIT. Again, I was using the 20201130 release. It might not open in an earlier release. I ought to make more of an effort to keep the current “stable-branch” release easily accessible, but the weekly has been pretty stable itself.
Several of the curves were starting in the wrong direction. It was also made before internal paths were implemented, so I took the liberty of re-tracing the double-sided dart as well.
You have no idea how many versions of the program I have… between Valentina, Seamly2D and my version (which I call Patternist)… across 3 different machines and several USB hardrives.
Whenever I download & “install a new version” - I’ll rename the .exe with the build #. But then there’s the issue with which ver of Qt was used to build as all the dll’s are different.
Having to test and debug some of the pattern conversion stuff I started naming the pattern files with the app & ver in it… like breeches_seamly_0601.val so I know what program & ver saved it. Hmmm… we could automate that…
Which reminds me… I need to recover the updates I made to the About dialogs and get those changes pushed.
Here’s the issue on the current backup naming scheme. I really dislike how the backup file versions are nested in the backup file name. I think this must be a mistake that was never corrected.
I saw that when you posted about it… was only on my phone so I didn’t have access to the pc to assess the issue and comment.
Mistake… or a design flaw due to the lack of knowing how to deal with large amounts of files. I do video and audio work where I can have 100’s of of source and render files and there needs to be a file naming scheme to effectively deal with a project - especially when files need to be shared with others.
I think it’s just a mistake. I think I can correct it – it’s basically regex, which I can work with