New translations project

Nope. The ts haven’t been touched since forking - as far as I know.

Well I did recently added a new measurement (which was requested years ago) … so it needs to be translated. :slight_smile: And yeah… any new measurements at this point would have to be pretty esoteric as the current ones pretty cover everything as far as the drafting systems go.

2 Likes

Than something must have happened to the excel-file. Thanks goddess the ts-file seems to look way better. I’ll have a closer look when I am back the week after next.

Is there any way to compile from source for a currently not so trained linux-user? I am not at all happy with the app-image. I did compile in earlier times but didn’t find something like a config-file.

2 Likes

I don’t recall if you’ve mentioned which version of Linux you use, but I did recently make a topic about building Seamly from source on Ubuntu 22: Building Seamly on Ubuntu 22

Perhaps that thread will be helpful.

:unicorn:

2 Likes

It sure will :+1: I’ll tackle that beast some-when around Christmas, I guess, as I definitely need to update my system first. And no, I didn’t mention the distro :slight_smile: Right now it is still Ubuntu 20.04 but I will change this.

1 Like

Just to throw it out there… if you have forked the project on Github, you can create your own workflows, and let Github do the building instead of building locally.

2 Likes

I assume Grace tweaked the excel file, but the ts files have not changed. Unless someone has manually edited the ts files or ran an Lupdate, then pushed the changes and created a pull request to be merged - the ts files haven’t changed. In fact I created a make option (noTranslations) to turn off copying the translations (locally) since it can take several extra minutes building as 100’s of (unchanged) translation files are copied (again)… not to mention it just clogs up the compile log with a line for each file copied.

BTW… I knew there was something I forget to do over the weekend - run an Lupdate.

3 Likes