Measuring Armscye curve in Seamly2D

Hello! I am new to Seamly2D, and I am currently working on drafting a two-piece sleeve block, however, in order to do this, I need to be able to measure my armscye curve on my bodice block. Does anyone know of a way to measure a curve in Seamly2D to be able to get the length of my armscye? I have drafted this by hand prior, so I could just use the measurement I know it is, but I would prefer to learn how to do it in the software. Thanks so much for your help!

2 Likes

I found a way! If others have different ways please post below. But, I see now, that you can use the point tool to draft a line that is equal to the length of a curve/arc. Very simple and accurate. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @Natdellas

You could also use the curve lengths in the formula where you need this length, then you don’t need to create an extra line.

1 Like

@Grace: IMHO, I think this is by far the most simple and natural way … the lengths are already there.

1 Like

Wonderful! Thank you for the input. That is how I am doing it now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Natdellas.

Could you provide a step-by-step description of what you do? I am also struggling with the armscye.

Thanks in advance. Ana

1 Like

Hi @Sonrisa

In what way are you struggling with the armscye? If it’s only with the measurement of the curve, you can hover your cursor over it and it will give you the length. If you would like a visual indication of the curve length, then you can place a line somewhere convenient with the length of the curve in the formula.

2 Likes

Or you can look at the Curve lengths in the Variables table… which will not only give you the total length of the curve, but the length to points along a curve… such as maybe a notch. Hovering only shows the total length of a curve.

3 Likes