Lowest point of curve?

Ich denke, dass du bereits den Punkt A3 so setzen musst, dass er bei den verschieden Größen sich der Größe anpasst - in Anlehnung an die Brustweite und der Schulter. Das geht nur, wenn du für die Brustweite und deine Schulterlänge Formeln verwendest die auf die Maßveränderungen eingehen. Dann bleibt der Punkt A3 in der Relation und muss nicht bearbeitet werden. Du kannst dann deine Linie um Punkt A3 und začátek_raglánu_PD ziehen und darüber den Armausschnitt spiegeln.

2 Likes

@Scholli, how would you do this and which tool would you use? Can you explain it in a bit more detail, please? I’m a bit at sea.

1 Like

Ja, kann ich machen. Weiß nur nicht ob ich es heute schaffe :grimacing:

2 Likes

That’s the not the lowest point of the curve. As you’ve stated it’s the tangent point of the curve and a line from začátek_raglánu_PD - which we don’t have a tool for - yet.

That being said… if it were me, as it looks like the point A3 is the normal (front?) notch point - I would find the point A3 by creating an intersect 3/4" - 1" above the Line predni_pruramek_a4_a5 to A9. Then you can mirror your armhole curve around the line A3 to začátek_raglánu_PD.

If we had an Intersect - Curve and Tangent tool it would automatically resize, as the tool would always find the correct tangent point. Otherwise my solution would accomplish the same thing.

2 Likes

Yes, you are right, thanks!

Sorry, I don’t think I follow on this one. If you wouldn’t mind to draw it, it would be great.

1 Like

Sure. Create a new point 3/4-1" (1.9-2.54cm) above A9. Then using the Intersect Curve & Axis you locate point A3 using the new point as the Axis point. This creates the typical location of the notch point on the armhole. Now you can use A3 to začátek_raglánu_PD as the Line to mirror the armhole cruve around. In other words - since we can pretty much assume A3 is where the notch point is, and that is typically 3/4 - 1" above the breast line - I’m looking at it backwards… where we use A3 to find the tangent line, rather than the tangent line to find A3. Will A3 be exactly the Tangent point? Probably not, but it’s close enough, and like @Scholli has pointed out A3 needs to adjust with size changes, and since we have no Intersect Curve and Tangent tool, there’s no sensible way to eyeball the placement of A3, unless you did that every time you changed size.

raglan

4 Likes

Thank you, @douglas. That’s a great solution - I didn’t think of it this way. I guess the new point could be make to go higher or lower with size by giving it a formula to 1 fifth of the length of line vykrojeni_Prukrcniku_PD2 - A9.

1 Like

Here’s another example, where in one of my Jacket patterns the notch point is 1" above the breast line. In this case the Notch point is located BEFORE the curve is drawn… which is another option. You could locate A3 first, based on a proportional distance from CF, then 1 inch up. Then you create your armhole curve. For simplicty though the 3/4-1 above the breast line will put the notch point pretty close.

3 Likes

Ich sehe es genauso wie @Douglas. Habe jedoch einen anderen Aufbau:

Der Punkt A14 auf meinem Gerüst steht in Abhängigkeit meines Armlochdurchmessers. S1 - A15 und A-26 (hinterlegt mit gestrichelten Linien) sind die Rahmenbedingung für mein Armloch. Verändere ich jetzt meine Größe, verändert sich auch die Position von A14.

Ein Beispiel für Gr. 46 und Gr.38:

image image

Von A14 geht ein Punkt (A44) ins Armloch und bildet den vorderen Armausschnitt und macht die gleiche Veränderung mit wie A14.

Dieser Punkt ist ein Achsenpunkt, um den das Armloch gespiegelt werden kann.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot @Scholli and @Douglas for the explanation! I will use this approach, it seems promising :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just for your info guys, thank you, it worked :slight_smile:

3 Likes