Layout Mode and copying Details

Hey All, Was just wondering if there is a way to copy details when you need more than one of the same. Second i was wondering why there is so much extra space in Layout mode, it doesn’t seem to be filling in the extra space with my patterns. For instance i do a test with squares and i can’t get it to fill the page with squares, its making one small square on twenty different pages. Thank you!

1 Like

Note: i am working on something interesting. I do AV work so i have rigged a projector facing down onto my table and the goal is to project the patterns onto the fabric instead of print. i have gotten pretty close but am having this issue with tons of empty space in layout and when i switched from valentina the detail copy tool went away! Thank you all again.

here are some pictures:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @starlitsounds

Hey All, Was just wondering if there is a way to copy details when you need more than one of the same.

There is no easy way to just “copy” a detail or group. That is a fairly frequent request. I believe it is already on the list of issues to be added.

Second i was wondering why there is so much extra space in Layout mode, it doesn’t seem to be filling in the extra space with my patterns. For instance i do a test with squares and i can’t get it to fill the page with squares, its making one small square on twenty different pages. Thank you!

If you want to post a *.val file I will be happy to take a look at why you do not get a page full of squares. It is important to know what paper size you plan to use. The layout function is in need of improvement, but if one tinkers with the parameters it will usually do what you want. You can post the .val file on this forum, using the upload icon. If your pattern uses a measurement file (.vit or *.vst) please upload that as well.

1 Like