Issue scrolling horizontally with trackpad

I started using Seamly recently and have enjoyed using it very much. There’s one issue which has made me a little frustrated, which is horizontal scrolling with a laptop trackpad doesn’t work. I’ve downloaded the source and made a simple fix, which I would like to contribute back to the repo. The github issues page states that a post should be made here first - so here I am!

The problem: there is a shift key modifier set up to scroll horizontally, which would work great when using a mouse with a wheel, but it conflicts with normal horizontal scrolling using a trackpad (and I assume would also conflict when using a horizontal scroll wheel on a mouse that has one). My fix moves this functionality to a new but nearly identical function to the existing vertical and horizontal ones, rather than taking the place of the horizontal one, which allows the normal horizontal scrolling to take place.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Did you build your branch and run it on your laptop? What version of Qt did you use?

2 Likes

Yes, I have a branch with my changes in it - well, on a Ubuntu VM on my Macbook, where I have been running Seamly. Qt v5.9.5.

3 Likes

Hey what’s your github id? I’ll add you to the repo so you can create a pull request.

1 Like

I’m koshaugh there too.

1 Like