New issue 303: Valentina stops accepting input on defocus https://bitbucket.org/valentinateam/valentina/issue/303/valentina-stops-accepting-input-on-defocus
Defocusing when a tool window is open makes Valentina stop accepting inputs
This is Valentina 0.3.1 on Gentoo Linux (running ~amd64, freshly updated), built with Qt 5.4.1, running under KDE 4 with KWin 4.11.17 or 4.11.19 on the standard X.org server version 1.17.1. KWin acts as compositor, with OpenGL support from the built-in GPU in the Core i7-2640M CPU. KWin is configured with click-to-focus policy.
- Start Valentina.
- Click the “Add a new pattern piece” button.
- In the “Measurements” window, choose “Use for creation pattern standard measurement table”.
- When the “Standard table” window appears, move focus away from Valentina (by clicking the desktop background, clicking another window or alt-tabbing).
- The “Standard table” window disappears, and the main window no longer accepts any input, not even closing the window. To kill it, run “killall valentina” from a shell.
This also happens with other tool windows, e.g.:
- Create a new pattern piece.
- Click the “Point at distance and angle” button.
- Click the default point, “A”.
- Click anywhere on the canvas.
- The “Point at distance and angle” window appears.
- Move focus away from Valentina. The “Point at distance and angle” window disappears, and the main window no longer accepts any input.
No output appears in the shell where Valentina was started, but after the bug manifests, every click on the unresponsive main Valentina window results in two identical lines appearing in ~/.xsession-errors:
kwin(2136) KWin::Workspace::takeActivity: takeActivity: not shown kwin(2136) KWin::Workspace::takeActivity: takeActivity: not shown
One strange detail is that “xlsclients -al”, which shows all my other open windows, never lists Valentina, neither before nor after the bug manifests