File keeps crashing or just gets stuck when i click on properties

usually freezes when i try to go to properties to edit spline on FRT/BK piece.

dain jacket.sm2d (78.7 KB) dain 031224.smis (2.1 KB)

2 Likes

I just played with the pattern (in the mostt recent build release) and had no problem editing the curves in the Properties Editor.

Only thing I can think of at the moment is try toggling the control points off.

2 Likes

I also had a bit of a play with the curve properties & didn’t have any lagging or freezing. If toggling the control points off, as @Douglas suggests, doesn’t work, I would suggest to copy the pattern to another name and delete a pattern piece and test again. If it still freezes then close the pattern without saving and open it again. Delete another pattern piece & repeat, until you delete a pattern piece that, when tested, doesn’t freeze when editing the curves. Then save the pattern and recreate that pattern piece.

Please let us know if either of these 2 options worked for you or if they didn’t, please.

1 Like

The pattern pieces should have no effect on the reported issue. The issue would appear to exist with the curves in draft mode - with the Properties Editor? OR as I suggested the control point visibility - which when visible tends to cause high cpu use leading to the app freezing / crashing. I suspect when visible the points get stuck in an endless paint() loop. This seems more noticeable on the MacOS for reasons I don’t understand yet.

2 Likes

it was crashing before i toggled the control points on.

1 Like

will update and try again.

1 Like

updated and still runs very slow when i click on properties for the spline. hasn’t crashed yet though.

1 Like

Oooh, yes, we also had this issue a while ago.

@emilyli, what OS are you using?

mac os sonoma 14.4.1

2 Likes

I know that there was a problem with someone else on Mac that had a problem with the CPU running at 100% which was slowing the program down but I can’t find it right now.

Did this first start happening after you created the sleeve cap curve on sleeve? I see that it’s the item that you’re currently working on and I noticed that the last handle is pointing in the wrong direction creating an S when zoomed in. I’m wondering if correcting this won’t speed up your pattern since it’s only giving problems when you work on a spline?

1 Like

think so. i think that’s corrected now and i just tried to add nodes to FRT/BK piece and it crashed again. dain jacket.sm2d (81.3 KB) dain 031224.smis (2.1 KB)

1 Like

Do you know how to check the running capacity of your CPU?

yes. through activity monitor?

1 Like

as soon as i switch to seamly window cpu goes to 100%

when i switch to piece window cpu usage goes way down.

2 Likes

And if you delete the original sleeve cap curve line? The one in black?

deleted it’s still the same.

2 Likes

Ok, you can redo the sleeve cap curve & delete the Hood Side pattern piece & check, please?

1 Like

same.

2 Likes

On your test pattern, delete all of the pattern pieces & see if it’s still running at 100%, please

all the pattern pieces or blocks in drafting?

1 Like