Error message Parsing File

Really hoping someone can help. I was amended the seam on a detail and this error came up- I can’t open the pattern anymore.

When I click OK I get the following screen but cannot access anything…really hoping I haven’t lost all my work. I have read that i should now save regularly as another file and will now do so.

1 Like

Hi @DonnaKing, I’ve seen this problem before and fixed it. There are several ways that your design file can get into this state. Can you post your .val & .vit files? I’ll look at it tonight. If you don’t want to post here, email them to susan.spencer@gmail.com

2 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at it. I will now save as I go but I was wondering if theres a way to save the program in case a file is lost. By program I mean the method I used to get to the end result? Florence Jacket pattern copy.val (65.4 KB) Donna King copy.vit (2.2 KB)

Thanks so much. D

1 Like

Hi @DonnaKing! Here’s your pattern. One detail workpiece caused the error so it was removed, everything else is still there

Florence Jacket pattern - 20200611.val (63.6 KB)

3 Likes

Awe that perfect. Thanks so much. Dx

2 Likes

Or you can set the auto save in the prefs… check the Auto-Save modified pattern and set the time interval. File will be saved as “filename.val.bck.”

Screenshot (329)

2 Likes

wow that great thanks. D

2 Likes