Différent increments for multisizes

Bonjour, j’ai une question concernant les incréments pour le multitaille. Voilà, je travaille sur des patrons allant de la taille 34 à la taille 52, et l’évolution de taille n’est pas le même entre chaque taille. Par exemple, pour le tour de poitrine, j’ai une évolution de 4 cm entre chaque taille pour les tailles 34 à 44, puis une évolution de 5 cm pour la taille 46, et enfin une évolution de 6 cm de la taille 48 à la taille 52. Comment puis-je gérer cette évolution pour la gradation avec Seamly2D?! Merci pour vos éclaircissements. Bonne journée

Hi, first, sorry for my bad english, I use google translate here… Hello, I have a question about the increments for the multisize option. I’m working on patterns ranging from EU size 34 to EU size 52, and the size evolution is not the same between each size. For example, for the bust, I have an evolution of 4 cm between each size for sizes 34 to 44, then an evolution of 5 cm for size 46, and finally an evolution of 6 cm from size 48 to size 52. How can I handle this evolution for gradation with Seamly2D ?! Thank you for your help. Have a good day

1 Like

Hi, I use different size tables for different grading, you can copy and adjust them. So if I have 3 different grading rules, I would use 3 different tape-files.

2 Likes

Hi @Mandarine74. It is as @AVI says, you will need to create 3 different measurement files in SeamlyME, one for each evolution - Size 34 to 44 with 4cm, then Size 46 with 5cm and then Size 48 to 52 with 6cm.

Once you have your 3 measurement files, you may use one to create your pattern and once your pattern is made, you can load the different files as you need.

Thanks @AVI and @Grace. So you mean that I don’t need to create 3 bases because of my 3 measurement files? I just need one base (maybe size 38), and I can use that base for all of my measurement files, that’s it?

2 Likes

Yes, you will need to be very careful when making curves, otherwise you’ll need to tweak them and be very careful to use measurements everywhere in formulas so that your pattern will resize smoothly and accurately as you change the size:

These images show a pattern that I made about 2 years ago that I often use to answer questions because I think I used most of the tools in making it and I also used methods to ensure that regardless of the size, my curves come out beautifully :slight_smile: I have uploaded onto the Pattern Cloud If you can’t find it, I’ll happily send it to you here.

1 Like

Bonjour,

Je procède exactement comme Grace vous l’a expliqué: 1- créer 3 tableaux de mesures multisize avec les différentes évolutions 2- dessiner le patron pour la taille 38 en faisant référence dans tous les tracés aux noms des mesures ex: tour de taille, etc,… 3- En foncton de la taille souhaitée on ouvre toujours le même patron mais on ouvre des fichiers de taille multisize différents. Et comme ceci on accède à toutes les tailles en conservant les évolutions correctes. C’est relativement aisé une fois que l’on a bien compris comment fonctionne un tableau multisize et que l’on a bien dessiné son patron avec les bonnes formules. Bonne couture

2 Likes

LOL, very well done!!! @Clara. It’s so nice to get some feedback. It took me a long time to work it all out in my head, but it works very well for me now and I’m really happy that I can explain it in an understandable way to help others :slight_smile:

Bonjour, Comment savoir si l’évolution se fait en taille ou en hauteur, pour certaines mesures cela parait évident et pour d’autres non. De plus je lis souvent que la taille sur le bas de l’écran ne correspond pas et qu’il faut par exemple pour un 40 choisir un 50, je n’y comprends rien. Merci par avance pour votre aide précieuse. Cordialment, Emma

2 Likes

Hello @emmababi

It depends on the patternmaking sizing system that you are using. But if it has measurements per size, then it is best to totally ignore the Heights and only use Size. So far, I only know of one system that uses both at the same time, and that is the GOST for men.

The size is just a number that is used to calculate the increments. So it can be whatever you choose it to be, from 22 to 72 in increments of 2… Whatever you enter as your Base Value is what will be used to either increase or decrease the value according to size. So if you set your base value as 30 and entered size 40 values, then yes, if you ask for size 40, then you will get size 50, and vice versa.

This said, I like to think that the sizes used in SeamlyME are the EU sizes and I like to use the UK sizes, so this is the size conversion table that I use, which works for me: image

Note I always have a Height and a Size code at the top of my so that I can use them in formulas and to se at a glance if I have the correct EU Size chosen for the size that I’m working in.

I hope that this explains the Multisizes a bit. :blush:

2 Likes

Bonjour Clara, Trouver exactement la question que je me posais et… la réponse qui va avec ! Un grand merci pour ton aide :heart_eyes:

3 Likes