Dark mode linux

hi there seems to be some issues with dark mode, concretely I am using Plasma/kde on archlinux. I have created a package in aur, seamly2d-git https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/seamly2d-git/

imagen

1 Like

update PKGBUILD, most recent annotated tag v0.6.0.1.r355.g9af57415f-1

1 Like

I would expect this is due to the app not being styled for Dark mode.

1 Like

It would be a very useful feature, many hours in front of the monitor. and you need dark mode.

1 Like

Agreed, IMO though the icon sets should be reworked and the apps need to be style sheeted to properly display in dark mode.

I was playing with a simple feature to be able to at least change the background color of the “white” main view. Would this help?

2 Likes

Yes, it could work, although breeze’s dark mode seems to suit well in most cases. I borrowed some patterns from the forum. and when you open them. I don’t see a quick way to be able to change the color of the strokes, only by selecting one by one can I change the colors.

2 Likes

Yes… the app needs to be able to adapt the line color based on the background color.

Normally I wouldn’t recommend this, but you could try and edit a copy of the pattern by find / replace “black” with “white” or “lightgray”.

1 Like