Casual Shirt Block

If there is a how to doc, that would be fantastic! :slight_smile:

Thanks to Roman and others for the new features. I’m testing those all time with real garment, which I make. Therefore the only way is to compile the latest development version.

PS. The build is easier than you think. Mercury is for version control and QT Creator does everything else.

Do you use TortoiseHG?

In command line I use Mercurial Distributed SCM and Graphical app SourceTree

Hey Timo!

Very nice shirt block construction :sunglasses:, but I just wanted to mention that there might be some legal issues with publishing Mueller & Son construction details without their explicit permission! I’m part of a german sewing community and there no one even dares to publish any details about this system…

I have a very customizable men’s shirt block, but that’s the reason why I don’t post it here :fearful:

Just want to keep you from getting in trouble with them!

Holger

Hi @pandel!

Good question about legal issues, this deserves a separate discussion: http://139.59.176.66/t/copyrights-and-pattern-systems/581

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the pattern making world and have started using Valentina recently, so I apologize if this question is rudimentary. I usually make all my patterns on paper and then I digitize them on Adobe Illustrator, I was hoping to use Valentina to grade my pattern, is there a way to import a file that is not a Valentina file into the software and what formats are compatible?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Optimodus! You stated that you make your patterns on paper. Are you using math formulas to make these patterns? If yes, then you don’t need the extra steps of digitizing and importing. You only need to select your measurement file and then enter these formulas into Valentina! Then you print! VOILA!

@Optimodus, To create a set of patterns for each of your graded sizes, you have two options:

1. define an individual measurement file for each size OR
  2. define a multisize/standard file (this feature isn’t finalized)

@splencer Thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated it!

My original pattern is built on formulas but then I make adjustments to the pattern and thus it is easier to digitize it then re-calculate the formulas, is there away to import those digitized patterns into Valentina?

@Optimodus Valentina uses formulas. Images don’t contain pattern formulas or the measurements that were used within those formulas. There is a ‘Reverse Engineer’ tool in the road map for future implementation. In this tool, the image is imported but the user will have to input the measurements that were used and indicate where important points and lines are on the pattern.

1 Like

@slpencer Thanks! This is great! Now I understand how and when to use the point at intersection of arc and line tool. It was unclear to me before. Being able to look at the Valentina file while referencing Aldrich’s original instructions really helps!

1 Like