Zuviele Zahlenkarten

Kann man die Zahlen ausblenden und die Punkte bleiben sichtbar? Gruppe bilden und Auge zu…alles ist unsichtbar. Zahlen und Punkte sind ausgeblendet.unübersichtlich

2 Likes

Oh, wow! yes, things can get really messy. I know that hiding the labels was under discussion a while back but, to my knowledge, it hasn’t been implemented yet.

Oh wow! Ja, es kann sehr chaotisch werden. Ich weiß, dass das Verstecken der Etiketten vor einiger Zeit diskutiert wurde, aber meines Wissens wurde es noch nicht implementiert.

1 Like

Hallo Grace…Ergebnis ist gut geworden. Datei für einen Plotter.Plotter

2 Likes

Very nice :grin: even if the draft looks so messy.

1 Like

If I could only just copy everything right over from my fork. I have a toggle item in the View menu to show / hide the labels, as well as an item in the right mouse button context menu.

But then again I just thought of something that may be useful… hiding the labels by group? In other words what about a group option to show or hide labels… as well as as the usual option to show / hide the whole group.

4 Likes

:star_struck: :heart_eyes: :unicorn:

1 Like

Das klingt alles gut.

2 Likes

That sounds really useful. I find that there are many points that only exist for curves etc, so hiding their labels would be good.

2 Likes

Yes, that will work beautifully. However, what about a show/hide all labels button on the bar at the top near the zoom features that one can toggle to inspect things when needed? Something one can just tap & they’re gone and tap again & they’re back?

1 Like

Auch gut :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In other words create a "View Toolbar: with the View menu items in it… such as View ->Labels, Curve details, Background image, Grid, Ruler, etc to toggle on / off various items. Which BTW, when you add a menu item in Creator, a QAction is created… that action can have a key shortcut, and the action can also be linked to a Toolbutton on a Toolbar.

That being said… just to kinda of show what I mean by “show labels by group”… here’s the Group Manager in my fork. As you can see - you can click a group’s “eye” to toggle the visibility of the group. You can also show / hide all groups as well as lock groups. The manger indicates whether the group contains any objects as well as what color the group is. Below the objects in the selected group are displayed so you can tell which objects are in which groups. Theoretically in the future the idea is to be able to drag and drop an object into the list to add objects to a group.

The idea would be to add another column to show / hide the name labels, as well a show / hide all grouped name labels.

3 Likes

Yes, ok. Now I understand, yes that will be a very nice feature. So one will be able to choose to see the group lines & curves, just not the labels. Very nice :star_struck:

1 Like

Correct. You could have the extra option to not show the name labels by group… as you may want to see a group’s points, lines, and curves, but not the mess of the all the labels. Plus you would always have the usual option to hide the group completely.

Another idea I’ve tossed around is to not only toggle a groups visibility, but add an option to change it’s opacity. Where you could have a group completely visible, but greyed out to say 50% opacity.

And lastly, I could make it so you could choose to have the name labels also colored “ByGroup”. This could help make it easier to identify point labels that may be close together or over lapping.

2 Likes

Yes, I like that idea. It would really help tremendously, I think, if the labels, nodes, lines & curves were all the same colour.

1 Like

Group man kann auch mit nur einem Punkt eine Gruppe bilden. Programm meckert nicht.

2 Likes

I’m going to create a new topic for discussing issue #122 - Improve point label - size/color/hide features.

3 Likes