Workpiece tool not selecting neck curve

Hi! I’ve recently been learning seamly 2d and valentina. i finished my bodice block, and went to go put it into the ‘detail’ view. the back bodice went in perfectly, but i had some issues trying to select the front bodice block. i tried selecting it multiple ways- clicking every single point, then clicking only some points, then clicking some points and lines, and nothing worked. the weird thing is, the tool has no problem selecting the armhole curve- just the neckhole curve gets messed up. it draws a diagonal between the side neck and the neck hollow instead of curving it. and i don’t seem to be able to adjust this in the “detail” view. i’m going in a clockwise direction, and i haven’t selected any more than one point or line. screenshots below of my problem

1 Like

Hello. That curve goes from B8 to B9 or viceversa? Curves have a direction depends on the first point you choose first.

3 Likes

Oh my, that’s totally what was wrong! Thank you so much. It was going from B8 to B9. I don’t seem to be able to delete the original curve, but I drew a new curve going the correct direction, and now it looks good in Details.

3 Likes

Hi & welcome @holiloli,

Next time, just hold down the shift key when selecting a curve that goes in the wrong direction (you can see by the tiny triangles placed along the curve). It will automatically be reversed. Otherwise, open the pattern Options, click on the curve and select Reverse.

6 Likes

Hello Luca-Lavore Hello Grace, reading your answerings ( had have the same thing ) and want say Thank you. Greetings

1 Like