Welcome to Valentina!
Here is the URL to the latest Valentina release for Windows: https://bitbucket.org/valentinateam/valentina/downloads/valentina_0.2.9-20150104204012_i386.exe
Please join our forum at groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/valentina-project-list. Introduce yourself and please tell us a bit about yourself. Post anytime on the forum if you have any installation issues, problems with implementing your pattern formulas into Valentina, or questions about how to use Valentina.
To help you get started, it may help to know that
There are 4 steps to creating a pattern:
- Create pattern piece with a name - Save as .val
- Draw points, curves, lines, using formulas - Save as .val
- Create the Details - seam allowances, notches, etc. - Save as .val
- Create a Layout - place pattern pieces on a paper layout. - Save or Export as .eps or .svg
Valentina is still in beta, and printing requires an additional program, Poster. To print:
- Install Poster.exe http://poster3.software.informer.com/7.9/. (printing in Valentina is in development)
- Save or Export your .val pattern file to .eps
- Convert your .eps pattern file to a multipage .eps file for A4-sized (letter-sized) paper for desktop printing: - Windows, run this command: poster.exe -v -mA4 -s1.0 mypattern.eps -o mypattern_multi.eps - Linux, run this command: poster -v -mA4 -s1.0 mypattern.eps -o mypattern_multi.eps
We hope to hear more from you soon!
Best, Susan Spencer Valentina Community Manager www.valentina-project.org http://www.valentina-project.org/ bitbucket.org/dismine/valentina http://bitbucket.org/dismine/valentina @ValentinaPSWOn Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 9:59 PM, Denise firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
I am interested in using your software.
Do you have a windows installer that I can download?