Wiki translation: Links to non-English pages

Здравствуйте,

Присоединился к переводу Wiki на русский язык. Насколько я понимаю, используется движок Media Wiki. Подскажите, могу ли я сделать так, чтобы ссылки со страницы вели не на оригинальные страницы (англоязычные), а на переведённые на русский язык?

Пример: При переводе Main_Page есть ссылка на User_Manual: [[User Manual]]. Она ведёт на страницу valentinaproject.org. Можно ли сделать так, чтобы на переведённой странице ссылка вела уже на valentinaproject.org ? Или придётся полностью указывать адрес целевой страницы?

Дело в том, что если посетитель читает сайт на русском языке - ему гораздо удобнее все страницы видеть именно на своём языке.

Hello,

I joined the Wiki translation into Russian. I understand that the use Media Wiki engine. Tell me, can I make the links from the page not on the original page (English), and translated into Russian?

For example:

When translating Main_Page a link to User_Manual: [[User Manual]]. It leads to a page wiki.valentinaproject.org/wiki/User_Manual. Can I make on the translated page link led already wiki.valentinaproject.org/wiki/User_Manual/ru? Or have to completely specify the address of the landing page?

The fact is that if the visitor reads the website in Russian - it is much easier to see all the pages it in their own language.

I think you should completely specify the address of the landing page. In other words translation will contain “translated” links to other translated pages.

This is strange. A visitor clicks on each page link “translated”. It is not comfortable. Engine provides a dynamic link formation. It uses tags. This only works within the original language? I’m afraid that at some time some links can be changed. When using the tag is not a problem. A direct link can break.

Can I leave the original link (with tags), and at the end add “/ru”? How?

You did not understand me. I said when you translate add “/ru” to the end of a link. So user that switched to Russian will have links that point to another translated pages.

I understand it. but when editing the page I show a link on an existing page as: [[User Manual]]

I can not add here “/ru”. I can only make a direct link (full address). it is not the same. and if the structure of the articles will change - automated links will work. Direct links will broken

Wrong. You can. For example [[User_Manual/ru|Инструкция пользователя]].

Wow! Thanx!!! :grinning:

1 Like