What computer shoiuld I choose for valentina?

hello,

Je dois changer d’ordinateur mais je ne sais pas quelle est la configuration minimal pour travailler avec valentina de façon fluide. Mon ancien ordinateur était inutilisable, il était beaucoup trop lent et celui sur lequel je l’utilise pour le moment est beaucoup trop cher pour moi ! Merci pour vos conseils

I use valentina not on my own comuter but I can’t use it anymore and I can’t buy the same computer, too epansive it is !! I try Valentina on my old pc (intel i3, 4giga) but it was impossible to use Valentina (several seconds beetween an action and it view on the screen) I wonder what is the minimum configuration of computer to use Valentina Thanks for you help

Well, I’m using a Dell Optiplex 790. with a 3.10GHz i5-2400 CPU, 8GB of RAM, and a Radeon R7 250 video card with 2GB of RAM, and it runs just fine. You can pick them up inexpensively on eBay. I doubt you’d even need a video card for Val, though as the 790 is a small form factor computer, you’ll need a half-height card for it. (FWIW, my rig will run even things like Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront, etc. just fine at 20-30fps.)

Hi @lilou, Intel core i3 with 4gigs RAM seems largely sufficient to me. Perhaps you should check how much harddrive you have available and what unnecessary programs and files you have running on that pc. Also, what version of Windows? if you’re running on Windows. I’d rather suggest that you have someone have a look at the pc for you to tidy it up and clean it up for you first before you go to any expense. It really sounds to me like a different problem.

Intel Core i3 avec 4gigs RAM semble largement suffisant pour moi. Peut-être que vous devriez vérifier combien de disque dur vous avez disponible et quels sont les programmes et les fichiers inutiles que vous utilisez sur ce PC. Aussi, quelle version de Windows? Si vous utilisez Windows. Je préfère suggérer que vous ayez un coup d’oeil sur le PC pour que vous puissiez le nettoyer et le nettoyer pour vous d’abord avant d’aller à toute dépense. Il me semble vraiment un problème différent.

Besides my i5 quad core desktop, I also have been using an i3 duo core Dell laptop and Valentina runs just fine.

Yes, my little laptop is really nice :slight_smile: and old :). Has the heart of a lion. image

Merci à tous pour vos conseils !! il ne me manque plus qu’à faire mon choix !!

Thanks a lot for your advice…i only need to make my choice