Website under construction

Our website at https://seamly.net is under construction :construction: :building_construction: :construction_worker_man::construction_worker_woman:
If you need to download Seamly, here’s our latest test build with the seam allowance fix:
Release Test issue #404 Seam allowance dialog · FashionFreedom/Seamly2D · GitHub

3 Likes

Yeah, finally it works again! Thank-you!!!

3 Likes

I hope that when the remodel is done, the basic functionality of the site, communicating what Seamly is, will not be script-walled.

1 Like

Just like to say, I really like the “S” shaped logo. I think it’s wonderfully done and conveys the idea of a piece of cut fabric. I hope that was the intent. Bravo !

3 Likes

When will the website specify the version that’s available for download? Also, when will the site be updated so it doesn’t require personal information to download the software, it makes the project seem like a data-mining scam.

1 Like

Hi Lowkus!

Thanks for the suggestion to display the version or build date. I’ll look into if this can be automated.

Regarding entering an email prior to downloading Seamly2D…

This is the only way to get an accurate assessment of number of our users, determine new users from existing, etc. The emails are safe with Mailgun and we don’t share this data with anyone. This is required to show how needed this software is so that we can recruit corporate sponsors. We will be able to send out newsletters; only a small percentage of our users are on this forum.

Whenever I download software off the webs I’m required to enter my email so this is not unusual practice for a business. So gathering emails is something we must now do. I hope you can appreciate the benefits of this change; I truly do understand the concerns.

HTH!

2 Likes

Well… you could download the source and build it yourself, but the catch there is you would have to setup an account with Qt to download the Qt framework.

I’d have to agree with Susan… it’s common to have to enter an email to download high end (demo) software.

Besides… don’t you have a “junk” email for just such use? :wink:

2 Likes

I prefer to keep my junk email free of possible spam. :face_with_monocle: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:unicorn:

1 Like

I still have a few junk AOL email addresses I’ve never read… lol

1 Like