Website created individual measurements file (*.vit)

Hi,

I`m a hobby-developper from germany…sorry for my incorrect english. I’m just going to edit my website.

There it is possible to get a individual measurements file (*.vit) for Valentina.

After selection of 5 individual measurements ca. 50 individual measurements are output. It is displayed a corresponding 3D avatar. Then you can download the individual measurements file (*.vit) for Valentina.

My site is in German, but I think (hope) that this can also be used for non german speaking people. The measurement-names have links to described images.

I hope that this will be pushed valentina for more users.

The page should work on all modern browsers (I prefer Chrome) and all devices (also Mobile-Phone, Tablet, …)

1 - Can someone test the generated * .vit file? Are the measurements correctly? 2 - Is this file-format compatible for the next valentina-release? 3 - Should I remove the unused measurements? 4 - Could more measurements are calculated from known?

The beta-site is currently accessible at: http://batties.de/batties_new_beta/measurements_three.php#three

Best Regards, Heiko

Hi,

Please check links to images. And your server looks like is down now.

1 - Can someone test the generated * .vit file? Are the measurements correctly? 2 - Is this file-format compatible for the next valentina-release? 3 - Should I remove the unused measurements? 4 - Could more measurements are calculated from known?

I will answer all these question after i’ll have a chance to look what you did.

Hi dismine,

for me…all links working fine. But you can not use links to other homepage content. If you have trouble, please send me a screenshot.

ahhh, sorry. do you mean this post. The preview was ok…

All is fine now with images.

Yes, all is fine.

2 - Is this file-format compatible for the next valentina-release?

Yes, but even if we will have changes Valentina supports automatic conversion to newer version.

3 - Should I remove the unused measurements?

As you wish. In a file you should provide >=1 measurement.

4 - Could more measurements are calculated from known?

What do you mean?

4 - Could more measurements are calculated from known?

What do you mean?

I mean formula-calculated measurements like this:

Those was calculated because they could be. If you will find more cases, yes, you can calculate them in formula.

Hi Batties!

As you know, we are looking for an open source solution to provide this functionality.

Is your solution open source? If yes it is open source and uses code that is GPL, CC, Apache, MIT or other open source license, then we are happy to help you. Otherwise we don’t have the resources to assist with a project that we can’t use.

So if it is open source, please let us know the licensing so we can work with you.

If you’re using a proprietary solution, we’re still very happy that you’ve developed something prior to the development of a proper Valentina open source solution. We’re glad that you can use it even if others can’t.

• Susan

Batties

If your program is proprietary when will it be available for sale? What will be the cost? Will the data used to create the Avatar be exportable to a 3D printer?

The avatar is in wavefront obj format and would be suitable for a 3D print.

But…

I would like to publish my own code as opensource, but the underlying data (Measurements & 3D-Avatar) are not mine. These were provided by Bodylabs.

Initially, access to Bodylabs’ maintenance API was free. On my previous website, Bodylabs had agreed to my web service ( “What you’re doing is like a totally fair and cool use of our API”). But Bodylabs has closed the free service in summer. I then contacted Bodylabs again, if it is legally ok, if I use stored Bodylabs data for my website. The first answer was not clear to me ( “We would prefer that you do not share the avatars and measurements.”). Unfortunately, bodylabs has not responded to any further messages. To avoid legal problems, I will have to take this service off the net.

I would like to program my own service, but I do not know exactly how.

Hi susan, Sorry I had to clarify the legal issues before I post my webservice for Valentina here.

It’s all good! It’s fantastic that you found a solution even though Valentina cannot use it.