Warum erscheinen die Texte anders, als sie geschrieben werden?

Continuing the discussion from Union tool, or Combine Tool:

While you’re typing, there should be a live Preview to the right of the typing field. If not, then there should be a “show preview >>” button at the bottom-right just under the typing field.

When you’re making a new topic this generally gets covered by what an algorithm thinks might be topics that already addressed what you have to say. There’s a close button to make that go away, probably on the top-right, (I don’t remember, & it didn’t show up with this way of starting a new topic.)

Oh wait, I just put in the Topic title, & the “Your topic is similar to…” field showed up. Clicking the “esc X” button, or pressing esc on your keyboard, makes it go away.

I hope that helps!

1 Like

Das hat leider nicht funktioniert. Ich schaue nach der Vorschau. Die ist identisch mit dem was ich geschrieben habe. Drücke ich auf Antworten ist der Text anders als in der Vorschau gesehen. Ich schreibe mitlerweile auf deutsch. Wenn ich eine englische Übersetzung nehme ist es noch schlimmer.

2 Likes

I’ve considered this for the past 8 hours, & I’m stuck on “Have you tried rebooting?” or maybe it’s an artifact of which plugin you use to translate our barbaric English? (Which rebooting might help with as well.) Otherwise, it’s beyond my meager learning. :frowning_face:

:unicorn:

1 Like

Wow! That’s really strange, @Scholli

I’ll need to watch out for that in English - I check the preview as I type & then click on the Reply and move on. I never check what is in the message afterwards until I need to reply again and then read back on what went before.

Do you know how long this has been happening? or is it only recent?

1 Like

Nein, das ist schon immer so. Ich wurde ja immer verstanden. Anfangs habe ich mit dem Google Übersetzer versucht auf engisch zu schreiben. Das habe ich irgendwann geändert:)

2 Likes