Video Tutorials

Hey Seamly gang,

Since it’s Lockdown Time again over here, I’m thinking of making a series of short video tutorials explaining Seamly features.

Now I was wondering which functions to feature, so I thought I could ask you guys if you’d be interested in a video on anything specific. Could be any feature in any level of the software, such as curves with reference points, copying pattern pieces, labeling pattern pieces,… Curious about your feedback!

5 Likes

Bonjour,

Super idée. Personnellement je rencontre pas mal de problèmes avec les courbes donc une vidéo bien détaillée sur le sujet m’intéresserait.

Merci d’avance

1 Like

Hi there! It would be great some tutorials on themultisize feature and the applying on 2D patterns. I could never understand completely it´s use

I´ll be looking foward to see those videos :wink:

I hope it helps. Thanks in advance

2 Likes

Hi @crn

Yes, very good idea. IMO, curves are a very good place to start and also all the tools in the Operations section, like the move, group, flip, rotate tools.

:grin: I’d also like to see how you copy pattern pieces. Is this copying a collar from one pattern to another (for example)? or is it just creating 2 pattern pieces from 1?

1 Like

I did upload an explanation of how I use multisizes and why on my blog yesterday: www.graces.co.za if you’d like to have a look. It’s not really a tutorial, just how I use it & why.

1 Like

Just keep in mind that changes to app UI are likely to occur - at least for a little while longer - that may render a video somewhat outdated.

That being said… there will be lots of changes and new features that having new updated videos would be much welcomed.

Edit: I have the perfect video we really need… “Getting Started”. A new user in another topic asked how do they start making a pattern. That’s what’s really needed - a simple video that explains how to start a new pattern, the concept of the draft blocks, how to use some of the basic point tools, how to create a pattern piece, and how to create a layout from the pieces.

A second video could then introduce using formulas and measurements.

4 Likes