Valentina/ seamly2D

Sometimes English is not the original language but one of the translations. Shocking, I know. Like, I agree it’s really bad and one of the major drawbacks of the program, but I’m sick of all this making fun of people not knowing English (especially English for a special field which is HARD)

Let’s focus on making it better, please

3 Likes

I’m sorry if I appear to be a bit stupid!!! I’ve decided to stick with Seamly2D and attempted to download the latest version. However, when I click on the download link, it says ‘Download Valentina’. So, how do I make sure I’m sticking with Seamly2D?

I am stupid - I clicked the link and it then said I was about to download the Seamly2D software. Result.

4 Likes

Up to now Seamly2D is mainly a dead project and unmaintained … So the best you can download is in fact a Valentina released just before all that folk ( one year ago ). Commits · FashionFreedom/Seamly2D · GitHub

However Roman is still updating its code regularly Bitbucket

In the free software art ecosystem, only Blender and Krita are seriously developed, others softwares are just a dream ( Gimp, Inkskape and so on ) …

2 Likes

@fabrice:

This is from your perspective :wink:

We’re not dead, we’re working quietly. Please have patience.

4 Likes

@Russell, Thanks for letting me know that the phrasing on the website is out of date. You are actually downloading the latest version of Seamly2D.

2 Likes

In the free software art ecosystem, only Blender and Krita are seriously developed, others softwares are just a dream ( Gimp, Inkskape and so on ) …

Yeah, we are not serious about our 23 years old software that got a major update in April and keeps getting new feature releases almost every month since then. Silly us.

3 Likes

@prokoudine Out of scope: just filled issues on Gimp, hope you could fix the wacom tablet issue, else …

1 Like

The project is not dead. after some long restful sleep, I have started to sort and make sense of the list of issues. @slspencer and I will be updating the roadmap to include bug fixes, enhancements, API development, and some documentation suitable to encourage users to contribute code. I understand that to do that many people need more clearly documented definition of interfaces than has been available in the past. Swing by periodically to see what is happening.

On another note, @fabrice I bought a wacom tablet just before I discovered the Valentina project over a year ago. I also hope to find or write software to make that tablet useful to trace drawings and/or pattern pieces. There are many issues before that will be a useful part of Seamly2d. I would welcome any advice you have on where to look for open source projects that make good use of a wacom tablet

3 Likes