V-MH measurements & avatar

Okay, I thanks! I see the fields in file.mhm We’ve got 2 threads going here on the MH measurements & avatar. Join the Google group http://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/valentina-project-list

Did you post to the MH forums & didn’t get a response?On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 4:30 PM, Robert Martin robertltux@gmail.com wrote:

Oaky it looks like im going to have to do a lot of rip and replace in the script since the values have changed (see attached). Im going to have to yank the corrections out of the plugin itself because the MH folks do not speak to me.

– Robert L Martin

Hey Jonas,

We looked into our MakeHuman script again, and it appears that we need to pull data from MakeHuman.

Is it possible to set gender and height in MH, then read the min & max measure values generated with those settings? We could then scale our body measurements to the -1 to 1 scale given the relative min & max values set by the gender & height values. These centimeter values show in the spin boxes under the Measure tab, & each has a min & max value.

If I need to better understand how MakeHuman works, please update me!

Thanks, SusanOn Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 6:19 PM, Susan Spencer susan.spencer@gmail.com wrote:

Hi Jonas!

Thanks for contacting us! We love MakeHuman, we think it can help the entire garment industry redefine itself.

It’s not so much we’re requesting additional features from MH, it’s that we’d like some additional info about MH so that we can work better with it and learn more. All we have been able to do so far is script the measurements to create an .mhm file. We did some data crunching to establish the mins & maxs for each measure parameter for females and males, then ran a script to accept centimeter values, then adjust those values back into the -1 to 1 scale as defined by each parameter.

If we could get a list of all the ‘tape measure’ edge loops, then we could expand our script. We’d like to hire someone to extend MakeHuman’s default mesh to with more ‘tape measure’ edge loops.

Question: When I run ‘makehuman myfile.mhm’, MH isn’t opening with these characteristics. I have to load myfile.mhm. Is this correct? Is there a makehuman.py that has the ability to allow batch scripting? Is there documentation on makehuman.py?

Thanks for your comments and input, I’d like to have a good relationship with Makehuman, it’s an awesome tool.

Best, Susan

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Jonas Hauquier jonas.hauquier@gmail.com wrote:

Hey all,

MH developer chiming in here :slight_smile:

Op zaterdag 7 februari 2015 23:09:29 UTC+1 schreef susan.spencer:

(…) He graduated from high school a few months after he figured out how to do this (no help from the MH people!)

I’m sorry to hear that, and honestly I don’t get why this happened the way it did. We try our best to help people with questions on our forums. Certainly we are open to a collaboration with the Valentina project, and will do our best to answer the questions Valentina developers have.

I wish there were more people involved with Valentina, but since it’s still a small project (…)

Sadly, the same is true for the MH project. Between our day jobs we try our best to work on this software, and as always time is the most crucial resource.

MH has its own roadmap that is far from completed, and this has our priority. That is why we cannot at this time invest our time in working on features requested for Valentina.

Also, as much as we would like to, we don’t have the time or people to completely document our code (though help in this area would be welcomed). A bridge between the two softwares will require the attention of a skilled programmer, but without a doubt we are willing to help them in the right direciton.

That said, I’m very curious about what has been already achieved already with MH for Valentina. Do you have a showcase of results or some code I can look at?

Greetings

Jonas

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Valentina-project list” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to valentina-project-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to valentina-project-list@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/valentina-project-list . For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Jonas!

Thanks for contacting us! We love MakeHuman, we think it can help the entire garment industry redefine itself.

It’s not so much we’re requesting additional features from MH, it’s that we’d like some additional info about MH so that we can work better with it and learn more. All we have been able to do so far is script the measurements to create an .mhm file. We did some data crunching to establish the mins & maxs for each measure parameter for females and males, then ran a script to accept centimeter values, then adjust those values back into the -1 to 1 scale as defined by each parameter.

If we could get a list of all the ‘tape measure’ edge loops, then we could expand our script. We’d like to hire someone to extend MakeHuman’s default mesh to with more ‘tape measure’ edge loops.

Question: When I run ‘makehuman myfile.mhm’, MH isn’t opening with these characteristics. I have to load myfile.mhm. Is this correct? Is there a makehuman.py that has the ability to allow batch scripting? Is there documentation on makehuman.py?

Thanks for your comments and input, I’d like to have a good relationship with Makehuman, it’s an awesome tool.

Best, SusanOn Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 5:42 PM, Jonas Hauquier jonas.hauquier@gmail.com wrote:

Hey all,

Op zaterdag 7 februari 2015 23:09:29 UTC+1 schreef susan.spencer:

(…) He graduated from high school a few months after he figured out how to do this (no help from the MH people!)

I’m sorry to hear that, and honestly I don’t get why this happened the way it did. We try our best to help people with questions on our forums. Certainly we are open to a collaboration with the Valentina project, and will do our best to answer the questions Valentina developers have.

I wish there were more people involved with Valentina, but since it’s still a small project (…)

Sadly, the same is true for the MH project. Between our day jobs we try our best to work on this software, and as always time is the most crucial resource.

MH has its own roadmap that is far from completed, and this has our priority. That is why we cannot at this time invest our time in working on features requested for Valentina.

Also, as much as we would like to, we don’t have the time or people to completely document our code (though help in this area would be welcomed). A bridge between the two softwares will require the attention of a skilled programmer, but without a doubt we are willing to help them in the right direciton.

That said, I’m very curious about what has been already achieved already with MH for Valentina. Do you have a showcase of results or some code I can look at?

Greetings

Jonas

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Valentina-project list” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to valentina-project-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to valentina-project-list@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/valentina-project-list. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Yes, FangDudeBeast figured out how to do the scripting and did the brute force number crunching for us previously. He graduated from high school a few months after he figured out how to do this (no help from the MH people!) He’s super brilliant, but now he’s a freshman in college and is swamped with work.

I wish there were more people involved with Valentina, but since it’s still a small project, each person on the team has their own special talents to contribute and there’s not a lot of overlapping of skills.On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 3:52 PM, Bad Wolf robertltux@gmail.com wrote:

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 2:55:16 PM UTC-5, susan.spencer wrote:

Okay, I thanks! I see the fields in file.mhm We’ve got 2 threads going here on the MH measurements & avatar. Join the Google group Redirecting to Google Groups

Did you post to the MH forums & didn’t get a response?

It looks like im going to have to do a bit of brute force data crunching to get the current set of min/max values.

is anybody on the list willing to help with getting the mapping sorted out??

you will need to hit Index of /makehuman/nightly/ and download the UNSTABLE version for your platform load the attached file and record the values on the measurement tab for one or more ages (please use INCHES)

– You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Valentina-project list” group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to valentina-project-list+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com. To post to this group, send email to valentina-project-list@googlegroups.com. Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/valentina-project-list. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hey all,

Greetings

Jonas

Okay, I thanks! I see the fields in file.mhm We’ve got 2 threads going here on the MH measurements & avatar. Join the Google group Redirecting to Google Groups

Did you post to the MH forums & didn’t get a response?

It looks like im going to have to do a bit of brute force data crunching to get the current set of min/max values.

is anybody on the list willing to help with getting the mapping sorted out??

you will need to hit Index of /makehuman/nightly/ and download the UNSTABLE version for your platform load the attached file and record the values on the measurement tab for one or more ages (please use INCHES)

mhzerotest.mhm (1.13 KB)