Using Data from a Second Pattern Piece to Add to the First Draw Mode

I understand, and I’m in no way upset about it. I love how helpful everyone in this forum has been to me. and I hope to someday also be able to contribute. My purpose in choosing a code would only be so that I can continue drafting in versions that will be compatible with future versions I use. I don’t want to ostracize anyone either. I know both of you have done great things together with the code, and though a split is sad, sometimes they have to happen since you both want to head down different paths. I’d like to better understand what the differences in the program are going to be in the future so that I can be on the correct path now if that makes sense. I’m not concerned about having the most current software right this second, even the early version of the program I used when I first started playing with it worked well for what I use it for. I would just like to pick a path to stick on so my future files will be compatible with new versions. I hope I’m making sense.

Actually Romans build post split a few ver s back .Not a problem as long as it’s clear what build is being used.

Agreed. I’m keeping both builds up to date so I can pretty much tell when someone is using Roman’ s build.

Ditto.

2 Likes

That is something I really think should be made more clear. I followed the link provided above in the bar, came to https://valentina-project.org/download/#downloads_buffer and found the repository ppa:dismine/valentina-dev. This one seems to be the Roman fork, as I learned yesterday. That is totally ok with me and I am really thankful that people here help me no matter which version I use. I also don’t really care who’s version I use, I just pick the one I like. It’s only that I thought I was on the LibreFashion fork, but seem to work with the Valentina fork. That kind of confuses me. Where can I find the LibreFashion fork, so that I can take a look at that build?

I love Valentina/LibreFashion or however you name it. It still has errors and is not yet as fancy features as for example Grafis, like making a dart automatically (found that yesterday when I was looking for pleats and think this is really chic :slight_smile: ), but I see a real high potential and it works already better for me than paper and pencil. Drawing exact angels, lenghts, splines and so on and erasing is so much easier on the PC than on paper :hugs: I am not afraid that I can’t use my files in future, as every reasonable coder builds some conversion. In LibreOffice I can read MS-Office-files, so why should that not been implemented here? If it’s not implemented consequences will show anyways :woman_shrugging:

I don’t know what happened but I still think it is a pitty that grown-up persons can’t talk to each other any more and thus block synergies that would help the cause.

jm2c

It is slightly more complicated to run two separate versions on Ubuntu and probably most other Debian based Linux distributions than it would be on Windows because of the fact that underlying libraries have the same names and it will.probably take either refactoring the code to change the names in the libraries or simply using a Windows emulator (WINE) is the one I use to run the latest version of Dismine’s windows builds. I am willing to write procedures on how to do this and field questions after I return from my sabbatical in mid December. Sorry I won’t be much help earlier. Today is the first day in nearly 3 weeks that I have had the combination of time, inclination, and internet access to even read the forum

@moniaqua - Yes it is a pity. We’ve always been supportive of our developer, and are still looking for ways to be supportive. This may be why he’s still active on the forum everyday (albeit via private messaging instead of public posts).

Which in my eyes is a pity, too, but well, we cannot change people.