20200610 Windows Seamly2D Test Build!

:sunglasses: [Download and install the Seamly2D Windows Test Release v0.6.0.2]<Removed this file because it has been replaced with the June 22 2020 build, click here to go to the new build> :sunglasses:

Try it again…we fixed the issue with the Visual C++ library. You may need to ‘Run as administrator’ depending on your user account.

• Download the new Seamly2D-installer.exe. If you get permission errors, right-click on seamly2d-installer.exe and select ‘Run as Administrator’.
  • Select Open or Keep at the end of file downloading if your browser says This file is not commonly downloaded (it’s an .exe file, so they’re looking out for your safety.)
  • Select More Info and Run Anyway in the Windows blue popup messages . The popup messages will go away after enough people install the software, the number of downloads required is known only to Microsoft.
  • When the Visual C++ prompt appears, you’ll be asked to Install or Repair.

SeamlyInstallMsg_0_Download SeamlyInstallErrMsg_1_MSDefender SeamlyInstallErrMsg_2_MSDefender SeamlyInstallMsg_4_MicrosoftInstaller|318x223, 50 % image OR image

Then run Seamly2D!

1 Like

Bonjour Susan, J’ai essayé d’installer la mise à jour mais après l’étape “exécuter quand même” windows m’empêche de poursuivre voilà le message image J’ai tenté en exécutant en tant qu’administrateur mais en vain. Merci de votre aide. Bonne journée

1 Like

To make this new version work I had to download a copy of file vcruntime140_1.dll from vcruntime140_1.dll : Free .DLL download. - DLLme.com and copy it into the c:\windows\system folder on my PC.

2 Likes

Hello, I have done it, and it is working.

2 Likes

I believe I experienced the same issue:

seamly2d_error

So I went to Microsoft: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn and downloaded and installed the necessary Visual C++ Redistributable for my version of Windows 10.

After installing Microsoft C++ I was prompted for a restart and I did so. After which, Seamly2D opened fine.

What I’m wondering is whether Seamly2D needs to prompt for a restart? Since it’s installing Microsoft C++?

Anyway, I still received the Windows warning during the initial install of Seamly2D (which I suspected if I’m one of the first installers), but other than the above mentioned error, everything else seems fine.

1 Like

The VCruntime dll should be part of the installation process. Did anyone see the Visual C++ installation popup message?

1 Like

Bonjour @Claudette, veuillez installer le fichier d’exécution Microsoft Visual C ++ à partir d’ici: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 et redémarrez votre ordinateur. Réinstallez ensuite Seamly2D. Faites-nous savoir si cela fonctionne pour vous!

Hi @Claudette, Please install the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime file from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685 and reboot your computer. Then install Seamly2D again. Let us know if this works for you!

1 Like

The MS VCRuntime install requires a reboot. This file is already included in the Seamly2D-installer.exe but it’s not executing quickly enough. We’re working on fixing the Seamly2D installer file so that you don’t have to go to the Microsoft site to get the file.

1 Like

Thank you @Anni! :smiley_cat: please keep us informed about the new test build!

1 Like

Hi @Barpom! Welcome to the forum. Glad the install went well for you, you may have already had the VCRuntime_1.dll file installed on your system. Let us know what you think of the new release!

1 Like

And yes, I did see the C++ installation popup message as well during initial install of Seamly2D

2 Likes

@neverthejetsetter Were you prompted to reboot after the VCRuntime installation, or did the VCRuntime message appear then quickly disappear?

1 Like

I was not prompted to reboot during (or after) installation, but during installation the message did appear (then disappear).

2 Likes

Thanks @neverthejetsetter, that answers a lot of questions. You may have already had the VCRuntime file installed by another application.

2 Likes

Is everyone installing to Windows 10? Anyone installing to Windows8 or Windows7?

1 Like

Have done a very small project using the new build (a covid-19 face-covering), and everything went fine. What differences or improvements should I notice ?

2 Likes

Hello Susan, J’ai suivi toutes les étapes décrites : installation de VCruntime, installation de la mise à jour, redémarrer mon PC, lorsque j’ai voulu ouvrir seamly2d il ne reconnaissait pas le VCruntime et me demandait de réinstaller seamly2d, ce que j’ai fait mais encore un message d’erreur image

J’ai tout désinstaller et ai réinstaller seamly2d je pouvais me connecter mais quand j’ai à nouveau tenté la mise à jour, nouvel échec avec le message ci-dessus.

Merci de votre aide. Bonne journée

Claudine

Pour moi sur windows 10

HI @Clauettedu02, kindly please install again! I have updated the instructions at the top of this thread – follow those steps and please let us know the results.