Underwire Bras

Hi dear Colleagues, As Newbie I´m not so far to make patterns with this software yet, soon I will start with easy projects, (know bra patterns are more complicated).

But only a thought, only a question, I´m reading several posts around “Bra Pattern-making”

As far I know, the very first step to start pattern construction for “Underwire Bras”, before beginning the pattern-construction, is to know the length and the curve of the wire.

Is this right?

2 Likes

I have found the same issue in discussion about proper sizing for underwires. There are many resources out there. here is one of my favorites especially for bra sewing items. Underwires - Sew Sassy Fabrics

4 Likes

Hello again dear Anna, Thank you for sharing the information.

2 Likes

Hoi Carine, Niet noodzakelijkerwijs. Er zijn ook patroonteken methodes die niet vanuit de beugel ronding werken. Ik werk met de Merckwaerdigh-methode (Margreet van Dam, Nederland) en die is vanuit de ronding van de borst en de tepel. Nadat je de basis hebt getekend dan pas ga je beugellijn-lengtes erin verwerken. Om een basis te tekenen heb je alleen de borstwijdte en de onderborstwijdte nodig. Ik geef hier les in.

Groetjes Esther

3 Likes

Dear Esther, Thank you very much, sounds interesting to me, I am very glad to be here and find such a lot of great people. Maybe it would possible to visiting, let me know more. Greetings Carine

2 Likes