Unable to delete points. No detail created and no relation to other points

Hi Seamly Forum, First of all thank-you to the developers for creating this program. I’ve been using it for a while a have learnt a lot. Now I have come across a hurdle. First a quick bit of background. I’m actually using Valentina, as Seamly was really jerky (around the middle of last year) when manipulating curves and the zoom and scroll functions were also not functioning properly on my Mac, but this is unrelated to that so I hope you can help. I can’t seem to delete points. I have deleted the pattern pieces in Detail and the points I want to to delete aren’t connected to anything that I know of, they are also the very last ones created, so I’ve been butting my head against a wall trying to figure it out. Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

yeah, this is a bug. Sometimes the pattern piece doesn’t get erased from the file even though it no longer shows in the interface. I’m not sure if it’s been fixed in Seamly yet, of if the devs are still trying to figure out the best way to go. when this problem occurs the file will need to be fixed in an XML/plain text editor. I think Notepad is the typical Windows plaintext editor.

If I remember correctly, the troublesome lines will have a status of inUse="false". Possibly, just removing those lines will make it usable, but for best results the entire <modeling> section in which it is found will need to be removed. Change <modeling> to <modeling/> & delete everything past that, stopping with the removal of the </modeling> tag.

1 Like

Hello & welcome, @Loupy, we’re a friendly crowd and are happy to help where we can :slight_smile:

You can also check if you haven’t connected any of those nodes to other nodes with a line or a curve, which will need to be deleted first, before you will be able to delete the nodes.

You can also check the File>History to see what the last actions were in the pattern Drawing board, just drag the scroll bar all the way down to the bottom:

2 Likes