Trouble deleting points

Hello :slight_smile:

I have been drawing up a moulage, and put in a lot of work. But when I am grading my pattern with new measurements, I see that have made the point A37 wrong, so I want to delete it. But I can’t seam to delete almost anything. I have also as I read in an answer somewhere else in here, to delete everything in detail mode and then start delete from the most recent point - but even this point won’t be deleted. Really don’t hope I have to start from the beginning…

1 Like

It looks like A37 has a lot of dependencies so you won’t be able to remove them until you move those dependencies onto another point or delete them.

The reason you probably can’t delete the last point is because you have drawn a line or a curve from or to it.

2 Likes

You could make a new ‘group of visibilty’ containing only this point.

Then you can hide this group and construct a new point for your curve.

1 Like

Hi & welcome @Makol

It seems that the armhole curve ends at point A37 and there may be a lot more dependent on it as @dogwooddenim says. Is there no way that you can correct the way that you created it? Either by changing the formula or by changing the nodes that it is dependent on?

By right-clicking on the node, select Options you can change the node dependencies:

Be very careful to do a Save as backup before doing this in case you get an error after doing this, but normally I don’t have a problem with it.

Another way, would be to first create a new A37 node(Label it X37) back in the History, just before the existing A37 node in the correct way. Edit all the dependencies to access this new node until you can delete the original point. Once it is deleted, you may edit the label to A37. Once again be very careful to Save as often during this process. You can always delete the extra copies once you are done and happy with the results.

If you wish, you may send me your .val & .vit files and I will try to delete the point for you.

1 Like

Thank you for all of your answers and tips :slight_smile:

When I look into it, I don’t think it will be enough just to delete A37. To me it looks like there are several things it that area that is wrong. My intention when I drew it, was to draw a line from the point A35 (down at the waist). The line is going to be the measured side length + side dart width, in this case a total of 10 inches. I was trying to make it so my new point A37 would a created on the guide line A23 - A34. I thought I managed to do this by using the tool “Point along bisector”, but I see now that the A37 is off the guide line anyway, so this obviously was the wrong tool to use. And when I update the measurements it is totally of. So I will try your different suggestions of deleting it, but do you have any methods on how to achieve what I am trying to do?

1 Like

Yes, use the tool Point at Distance Along Line and enter your formula:

(I just used 10" x 2.43 because I work in CM, but you can use your actual formula.)

Do this back in History just before where you originally created the A37 node:

When you have created the node, save your pattern, go back to History drag the scroll bar down to the bottom & click on the last line so that anything you create further, will automatically be added at the end again. Perhaps even close your program and reopen it to be sure. Don’t forget to create a Save as copy before doing this.

Then you will be able to check through the history for anything that is connected to A37 and change them to the new node. You will also need to check all the formulas where you have used A37 and change them, too.

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, thank you :slight_smile:

But the thing I am trying to do (and I don’t know if it is possible at all…) is to make a new point (A8) somewhere along the pink line A2 - A7. And I want the point to be placed so that the length from A6 to A8 is a given length (in my case 10 inches). Is this at all possible to do?

1 Like

You might be able to use the arc tool from A6 to intersect the A2-A7 line.

2 Likes

Yes, @dogwooddenim is correct.

Thank you very much, this worked for my purpose!! Now I just have to see if I will manage to delete some of the necessary points and try this tool instead. Thank you very much all of you :grinning:

1 Like