Tool for French Curve or Fair Curve

That would be strictly a coding term… which for users are just other objects. When we talk of developing a new “tool” though we have to discuss the technical coding aspects… and we need to able to use and pass “objectId” and “childObjectId” (vs the current toolId and objectId.)

Fushion 360… A “canvas” workspace is what you load an image into. It would be analogous to loading an image into the Seamly2D background. It’s named canvas because it’s sketch / paint related - not drafting related.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/fusion360/ENU/?guid=GUID-FBA87F37-2A42-47D2-B1C1-BED8423A7E55

I don’t think we’d confuse AutoCAD users by using the term “workspace”, but we might if we called it “canvas”. Not to mention as a pattern maker of 40+ years I’ve NEVER called what I’m making a pattern on - paper or screen - a canvas. BTW… while we’re on the subject… Canvas in Fusion is really a “tool”. :wink:

2 Likes

Canvas or Workspace is the open rectangular area, example: “In the Canvas area you will see the origin axis in pink”

1 Like

Again… Canvas in Fushion is a tool to place an image onto a face or plane. It’s not where you draft.

How do you use canvas in fusion?

How to Import an Image as an Attached Canvas in Fusion 360

Right-Click on canvas in the Browser Tree. … Select Canvas.

1. Navigate to the image that is going to be inserted.
  2. Select the Face or Plane to place the canvas on. If the desired plane does not exist, create one. See Create an offset plane.
  3. Make any necessary adjustments to size, location, etc.
  4. OK to apply.
1 Like

OK Fine. Whatever vocabulary we choose will be the right one.

1 Like