This app can't run on your PC, help

I have downloaded and installed the program. When I try to run it I get: This app can’t run on your PC. I have already tried all the fixes I could find on the internet like updating drivers, making myself administrator, disable SmartScreen, Enable App side loading and I have VPN disabled. Also I ran CCcleaner and controlled the harddisk Off course I downloaded the program again and removed and installed it from my PC several times between the fixes My PC runs on Windows 10, 32 bits, it has I5 and 4G memory. Who knows the solution?

1 Like

Hi, It will not run on a 32 bit Windows, needs 64 bit.

1 Like

Oh really? What a pity!! I try to rob my husbands computer, than. Or buy a new computer. Thank you for your answer.

2 Likes

I have the same problem on this old laptop of mine. I need to check back in the releases for an old one but the patterns saved in the latest releases won’t work, so it’s a total catch 22. :cry:

If your computer is not too old, you could just buy Windows 10 in a 64-bit install, just make sure the cpu can handle 64 bits. But then . . . you could use that money to buy a new computer with Windows 10 (64). Just make sure it’s a 64 bit system. I hope that’s not to technical and sounds like a unknown language. Computer technology advances so quickly that most systems become outdated after a few years unless you spend money for top-of-the-line systems. I bought a $$$ gaming computer in 2007 that can still handle anything thrown at it.

BTW, welcome to Seamly2D

1 Like

Thank you. Thanks for the welcome too! For most applications I use my laptop works fine. As I said, I shall use my husbands computer for trying Seamly2D. I know that one has a 64 bits cpu.

2 Likes

Not sure when the builds got switched to 64bit? I’m still building with Creator using the 32bit… albeit I’m running on a 64bit machine. In fact I can’t recall how long it’s been since I even had a 32bit PC machine… a very old 486XT - 20 years?

1 Like

Maybe I could try and zip up the required files and throw them on my Google drive or setup Qt to create a 32bit installation package or I should actually update my fork on Github and make a 32bit app available.

4 Likes

It’s not really a problem for me, because both my PC & new laptop are 64bit. But my ancient laptop is a 32bit, which I use for certain things when the others are busy with other things. I’m more concerned about people who are running on really old technology that really can’t afford the new tech. I don’t know how many of them are still around, but not so very long ago, there were people running Windows 7 & XP that were asking questions on here. I don’t know if they’re still using Seamly.

Something to think about :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, my ancient embroidery machine runs off the ancient laptop, so I’d prefer to keep it as it is. But it’s nice to know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a little secret, if an older computer is powerful enough to run Windows 10 but still has XP, Vista or 7 on it, you can upgrade to Windows 10 in the same “bit” version for free. This was a little unknown feature Microsoft was running and officially ended. However, it is still available, they just don’t talk about it anymore. I’ve upgraded two of my machines.

2 Likes

Yes… as far I know you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. I found a great deal on a fast touchscreen laptop w/ 10 and bought one. Less headaches than trying to update one of my older PC’s. I made the mistake of trying to update my other Windows 8 laptop to 8.1 (that I mainly use in my remote 16 track audio recording rig) the night before I had a recording gig, and it messed up the laptop. I had to reinstall Windows 8, and in the process lost all the programs installed on it. I couldn’t find the install for the Presonus DAW I use, and had to install a demo ver just to get through the gig. It created a cascade of issues for me as several gigs were recorded with a newer demo ver that would not load in Presonus on my desktop I use for mixing. Had to fork out more $$$ to upgrade to a newer ver so I mix several gigs.

3 Likes

We could create a new Github action to build for 32-bit. By we I mean me, and I’ll try to take a look at this during the next week. There’s a github action I have to fix because a few things changed with Ubuntu 20.04 that weren’t updated in Docker, so while I’m in there doing the plumbing I’ll try to remember to look into creating a 32-bit executable for Windows 10.

2 Likes

I have resolved this issue in my fork on Github. I have successfully built both 32 & 64 bit “weekly” vers… now I’m going to extend the weekly build workflow to build both the 32 & 64 bit within the same workflow. Once I get that worked out I can push the changes to the main repo. In the process I’m going to rename the assets like:

Seamly2D_win32-installer.exe
Seamly2D_win64-installer.exe
Seamly2D_32.appimage
Seamly2D_64.appimage
Seamly2D_mac32.zip 
Seamly2D_mac64.zip
2 Likes

Oh, wow! Wonderful, @Douglas. Thank you very much :slight_smile: