Testing Seamly flatpack release

Exactly, the flatpak uses whatever is in the KDE flatpak runtime that we specify in the flatpak build file: net.seamly.seamly2d/net.seamly.seamly2d.yml at master · flathub/net.seamly.seamly2d · GitHub

And these Qt libs are then also shipped in the KDE runtime and work on all Linux distris the same, so independent of any Kubuntu or Ubuntu or Xubuntu releases.

In the KDE runtime we currently have 5.15.6 which I dont expect to be much different to 5.15.2 which is what the Windows and Linux builds use. I would try to keep the Qt versions as much in sync as possible, but between patch level versions I dont expect any issues.

2 Likes

I’m all for switching to Qt 6 as long as it’s caught up with all the Qt 5 features.

As far as Qt 5… I’ve been using 5 15.0 and got tired of messing with the main.cpp QT_REQUIRED_VERSION 5.15.2 so I JUST updated to 5 15.2 through Maintainer… as that was the max 5 ver I could select. So how do I get 5.15 11 ?

1 Like

Qt 5.15 after version 5.15.2 are only available to build from source: Index of /archive/qt/5.15

1 Like

Ok then - that explains it. So it’s going to take 8-10 hours to download the source. It took an hour + just get the neccessary 5.15.2 components. < sigh >

1 Like

@AnnaFields Thank you again for your testing and bugreports, I finally fixed the measurement diagram in version v2022-12-27.1040, which is available on flathub now.

4 Likes