.svg file / pattern too big

thank you and a nice evening…

Please, try the last test version (i release test build each Monday). I don’t see this warning.

I tried it later with the newest version, but still got the warning. Surprisingly svg file worked today. Funny thing, I have to open the file (with libreoffice) and export again as svg-file. Then the scanner can read it, otherwise not…

I have found the reason. It is new Qt version. Since Qt 5.6 they added new enum QPaintDevice::PdmDevicePixelRatioScaled.

Looks like this new enum somehow related to SVG.

This time i made SVG on Windows port. Still get correct result.

But i can’t create a layout on A0. Very odd, because the same code on Linux do it.

I just checked on Windows 7, the same story, still see 80 cm.

I’ve just tried it with inkscape and it worked perfectly, thank you. Anyway, I still have to open and resave the file to make it readable for the plotter. but that’s no big deal…

This seems to be working now… Using Valentina 0.5.0.1623a on 64bit Ubuntu, I opened your square.val pattern file and created a layout on 44in roll paper, too big to create layout on A0. The roll paper’s margins are left & right: 0.6350in, top & bottom: 0.4233in. I exported layout to .svg.

I opened the .svg in Inkscape v.091. The document size was 43.50000in x 31.69791in. The square object was 80.036cm x 80.036cm. The line width was .026cm, so the space between the lines was 79.516cm x 79.516cm.

I opened LibreOffice Draw, LibreOffice version 4.2.8.2 From ‘Format/Page’ I selected User paper & defined it as 50in x 50in to allow the entire .svg to fit on the page. From ‘Insert/Image From File’ I imported the .svg The inserted image is 43.51in x 31.71in

The image size is exactly the same in Libre Office and Inkscape, no difference.