Strange error in Piece Mode of newest flatpak version

I have downloaded the newest version of the program and admired (for a short while) the neat new windows and dialogs that look like a big improvement. However…, when editing in Piece Mode, as soon as I click on the properties of a piece, a strange error appears: “pulseaudioservice pa_context_connect() failed”. It is actually a warning that I can click away, but it reappears and after four times (just time enough to change a single thing) the program is closed and I lose everything. It is strange because the program does not use audio as far as I know, but maybe it has to do with warning sounds or something. Maybe it is a flatpak issue, where the program cannot find the proper audio in the runtime? For the time being I will do with the previous version.

2 Likes

I confirm it must be a flatpak problem. The same newest version downloaded as AppImage works perfectly - and it is a pleasure to see all improvements! Would be nice to have it as flatpak again, but this is a good workaround.

2 Likes

It’s a user defined feedback selection sound for when adding objects to a piece. You can select from variously click sounds I recorded or “silent” that you can set in the prefs.

2 Likes

Thank you for reporting the issue, I will look into it to get it also working with the flatpak

2 Likes

I have fixed the issue in the flatpak and the fixed version is now available on flathub (same version string). Please try

3 Likes

Thanks @csett86 . I figured you’d catch this.

1 Like

New version works like a charm. Thank you very much - this was really quick!

2 Likes

Hey Peter … Is the sound working for you? Like I said, you can choose from several different samples in the prefs. I actually like the scissors sound myself. If you dont want the sound just select silent.

I added the sound, because sometimes the app misses the click on an item… this way you if you don’t hear the click, you know you have to select the object again. Saves having to insert missing objects after the fact.

2 Likes

@Douglas, yes, the sound is working. Not very loud, but audible.

1 Like