Silent installation for automatic installation / update (Windows)

Hello, is there a way to install, uninstall, update Seamly without interaction for automatic installation via script for all users?

I couldn’t find any parameters for the setup. Maybe i failed at searching, if so i would be great full if someone could point me in the right direction.

btw. if possible, is there a chance that Seamly find its way to the winget repository?

Best regards

Stephan

1 Like

Hello and welcome, @stephan

You don’t mention which OS you’re using, but here is the link to the latest release of Seamly2D (2202-08-22) for all the supported OS’s.

The rest is a bit above me, so I hope that @Douglas or @Pneumarian will come by with a reply for you.

winget is the software package manager for y’all Windows users. Much like apt-get for Debian based Linux distributions (eg: Ubuntu).

As far as silent installation goes, I know that Douglas is trying to figure out how to get the installer to stop bothering people about stuff that’s already been taken care of.

The Linux AppImage is generally silent, so I’m confident that there aren’t/needn’t be legal reasons to keep it loud.

:unicorn:

1 Like

In particular why the install wants to “fix” the VC++ lib everytime it runs.

Do you mean to say periodically run a script to check if there are update(s), if so download and install? Like Windows does for updates?

Theoretically, yes that could be done IF we can fix the Check for Updates feature. Since the fork and move to Github this feature apparently does not work.

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for your answer…

Do you mean to say periodically run a script to check if there are update(s), if so download and install? Like Windows does for updates?

No i mean just the first install on the machine.

I have to install Seamly on multiple Windows 11 Maschines and i’m just a really lazy guy and dont want to touch any machine seperatly :wink:

So since the installation under linux is done with “apt-get install seamly2d” it should be possible to do the same under windows.

Normaly there are parameters to pass to the setup.exe or if its an .msi file you can do something like "msiexec /i c:\path\to\package.msi /quiet /qn /norestart "

1 Like

Are there any Updates on this topic?

Or is it possible to fill out a feature request for the devs?