Several details for 1 pattern

I would like to be able to name the pieces so I know which one I am working on. Example I would like to add an internal path on piece “1” The system sends back :See screen print below There is several “details” … Which one to chose ? I have noticed that the “detail” are sorted in order i.e. the 1st one I worked on will be the 1st “detail” of the list. But it would be much more convenient to give each detail with a name that matches the piece. Does anyone know about this issue ?

2 Likes

Yeah, that is a bit aggravating. Here’s how to do it:

In the Piece view, right-click on the pattern piece, choose Options from the context menu. In the options screen that pops up choose the Labels tab on the left. In the Labels tab, choose the Piece Label data tab up top. Change the Name of detail: field to what you desire.

It’s my understanding that eventually we will be able to name the piece at its creation, but other improvements are higher priority at this time.

:unicorn:

1 Like

I made a change, which is in the latest update… when creating a new pattern piece it will now be named with a unique name. “Detail” now becomes "Pattern Piece[-number] where [number] increments with each new piece. Number will also be reused if you delete or rename a piece. For ex is you have PatternPiece_1, PatternPiece_2, and PatternPiece_3… rename PatternPiece_2 to Front… the next new pattern piece will be named PatternPiece_2… and the next will be named PatternPiece_4. Make sense? BTW… this update was important to DXF exports, as they don’t like blocks of the same name, but I digress.

At some point I would like to fix the Pattern Piece (Workpiece) dialog so you can name the piece when creating the piece. I have also rearranged the Pattern Piece dialog in a pending update, where the piece name appears in a new Properties tab instead of buried inside the labels tabs.

2 Likes

It’s make a lot of sense; A s long a s I can differentiate the pieces I am OK with that. Making a pants I don’t have this many pieces I can remember up to 4 or 5 numbers :smile: Thank you for your help Have a nice day

DFX ?

2 Likes

My Bad… I meant DXF…

1 Like

fix the Pattern Piece (Workpiece) dialog so you can name the piece when creating the piece.

the piece name appears in a new Properties tab instead of buried inside the labels tabs.

+1 +1

1 Like