Seamly2D transalation problem

Where are the measurements files in the new (13.3.2023) Seamly2D flatpak or Appimage?

1 Like

Hello, @Nitro

Are you looking for the menu item? Or which folder they’re installed in? Or the SeamlyME program? Or actual measurement files - .vit, .vst?

1 Like

Hello I meant the measurements translation file. Before it was … / / share/translations. The Finnish translation file has been slightly translated. I would install my own translation file, which is almost perfect.

2 Likes

LOL, sorry, I completely misunderstood.

Firstly, let me thank you for translating for us. This is such an important part of Seamly2D.

I think the best is to go through this topic which will show exactly how to go about it.

Otherwise, perhaps @Douglas could suggest another way of updating them.

1 Like

@Nitro if you need help with putting the translation into a pull request, please let me know. I have built some experience with my Dutch translations.

2 Likes

Hey Peter… just a heads up. Theres a couple pending PR’s of mine that are going to require some updating of the translations.

3 Likes

Hi, I have translated measurement fi_Fi.ts with QT5 Linguist. Previously, the translation files were /share/translations. Now they are not there. Developer version doesn’t work for me (Linux Mint 22.1 (Vera). Makefile:122: sub-ifc-install subtargets error 3, Makefile:61: sub-ifc-install subtargets error 2, Makefile:60: sub-ifc-install subtargets error 2.

1 Like

Thank you for your translation efforts, it would be awesome if other users could benefit from it as well. If you local build is acting up, feel free to upload the .ts file here and either Peter or I can get it into the next release.

Background: The translations are no longer separate, but bundled with the executable, as the external files were troublesome with some release modes as there were special cases required for AppImage, Flatpak, macOS. Now its using Qt default resource system and works without the special cases, but you are no longer able to provide your own translations without recompiling the app.

2 Likes

Hei, csett86

How can I send the files? Unable to load ts or qph files.

1 Like

Hi Nitro,

first of all thank you that you want to share your translation with the community! if uploading here does not work, send it to me via mail. I have shared my mail address in a DM.

Kind regards, Christoph

2 Likes

Hi, csett86 What is DM?

1 Like

A Direct Message. Also known as a “PM” or Private Message. If you click your avatar in the top right corner, & then click the envelope icon, it will list your PMs, though you should be able to see the PM highlighted just by clicking on your avatar.

:unicorn:

2 Likes

Thank you @Nitro, its now being processed as lang: Finnish translations for measurements by csett86 · Pull Request #888 · FashionFreedom/Seamly2D · GitHub

2 Likes

I just fixed an old translation issue with measurement names in French…

Just a note when translating the measurement names - make sure the translations are unique names otherwise measurements may end up missing when used in a measurement file.

3 Likes

Hello Mr Douglas, It seemed strange to me at first that height_scrapula, for example, was used as the variable name and not its code A03. But descriptive names would be better, at least for English speakers. A numeric code would have been better for me because I can’t speak English.

2 Likes

Well… even for us English speakers, the measurement names are kinda odd, and not how we would normally speak… that’s what the full name is for. The formula “name” is more a classification system… much like naming plants or animals.

That being said, like I mentioned no 2 measurement names can be the same. It can be easy to miss the _f (front) or _b (back) suffixes. Which was the case with one of the French translations.

2 Likes

The translation fix is available here:

2 Likes

Hei, Päivytys tapahtui todella nopeasti! Toivottavasti palautetta saadaan pian. Terveisin Nitro

3 Likes

@Douglas, I saw that your recent changes have all been merged. Is now the time to update the translations, or is more to come soon?

3 Likes

Yup. There might be few additions in a couple PR’s I just made, but yeah - Have at it. :slight_smile:

3 Likes