Seamly2d - Gradieren

Guten Tag liebe Seamly2d Community.

Ist es möglich in Seamly2d Gradierungen zu erstellen? Oder müsste ich dafür jede einzelne Größe nehmen und in ein externes Programm packen und entsprechend anpassen?

Danke im voraus

Mfg TX

Dear Seamly2d Community.

Is it possible to create Gradings with Seamly2d? Or do i have to use each Size and Copy it over to a extern Programm and edit it?

Thanks in Advance

Best regards TX

2 Likes

Hallo Tzerox, ja das ist es und es funktioniert auch gut. Du musst deine Maße mit den Sprungbeträgen in einer Multisize Tabelle eingeben. Mir hat dabei das E-Book für Messdateien sehr geholfen.

1 Like

@TzeroX here are some useful links

2 Likes

So Tape (Valentina) and SeamlyMe (Seamly2D) = the same thing, am I right? My apologies if this is a silly question, I’m literally just starting to learn Seamly2D, so I’m assuming that the two are identical and came about after the “fork” and they work the same? Just trying to read everything I can so I’ll know what I’m doing.

1 Like

the short version is that they were the same project until the end of 2017. At that time, members of the team parted over differences in the future direction of the project. Most of the functions of the programs are still the same, though as time passes this will change more and more. It is best that you pick one or the other and use that because there are incompatibilities in the file format with the newest versions of valentina.

2 Likes

Ok, got it. I was reading the Ebook on how Tape works with measurements, but maybe I should focus and stick with SeamlyMe since I’m using Seamly2D.

1 Like

I apologize for the confusion. The Tape manual describes how SeamlyMe works with measurements. That manual has not been updated since the name changed.

1 Like

Ok, and no need to apologize, I’m still learning and trying to read EVERYTHING. I learned how to draft patterns on paper years ago and never even attempted CAD before this year (2019) So I’m just trying to educate myself so I’ll fully know what I’m doing. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

I have updated the wiki with the Seamly2D and SeamlyME manuals.

2 Likes

Wow thank you very much for the plenty replies, i will look through the EBooks as soon as i can.

This Helps alot :slight_smile:

Thank You.

2 Likes

@Chanel, good morning (at least here in the USA central time zone). @Grace did a great job with the pdf manuals. They are still quite relevant. She and I were active doing lots of documentation in 2017 and I for one have fallen down on the job.

This forum is what inspires me to keep going, so please feel free to keep asking questions. If I feel there is somebody out there reading, I will be more determined to keep writing. The software changes have slowed way down, so there is little excuse for the documentation not to catch up.

The main wiki page may be helpful as well. You will see that the name change has not been completed through the documentation, for example the URL is Seamly2D

When you go there, you will see documentation on the Seamly2D and SeamlyME project. If something does not make sense, please ask about it here. Welcome and we are delighted that you like the software.

1 Like

I updated my post above to include the links to the Seamly2D and SeamlyME manuals that @Grace has updated in the links on the wiki page

1 Like

Thank you for this, I’m super excited about learning this software. I’ve wanted to make my own patterns and sell them a long time and Seamly2D feels like a solid pathway towards that goal. Also, I know I’m going to have tons of questions so thanks again for offering your knowledge and help. It’s def appreciated.

4 Likes

Hello Everyone

Sorry that my respond took so long, i had a few Exams to get done with. Now i finally got some free time and startet to work on the multisize measurment table.

Now i got another Question, is there a way to enter formulas to the measurments i enter there? I know it works when i do a seperate measurment table, but in the multisize one i only have 3 values that i can enter, and no formula. The right side shows the Multisize table, as u can see there is no “window/option” to input a formula.

Best regards TX

1 Like

Yes, the formula option is only available for Individual measurements. In Multisizes, when you adjust the height and size in the bottom left corner, there are special formulas built into the program that uses the amounts entered into the boxes, so I guess those are enough for the program to contend with :slight_smile:

1 Like