Schulter - Rückenbreite

Ich habe eine Verständnisfrage: Beim Anlegen eines Grundschnittes für starke Figuren ist bei mir die Schulter kürzer als die Rückenbreite. Ist das in Ordnung oder muss ich den Armdurchmesser so vergrößern und die Rückenbreite verkleinerm, dass die Schulter über die Rückenbreite hinausgeht?

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ah, yes… Hello @Scholli, I’ve had the same problem in the past. Who can explain the idiosyncrasies of the human shape? and how to translate them into a flat pattern? I think that one must remember that the width of the back is also covered with flesh (and perhaps a few layers of fat - like mine) while those many layers may not be equally distributed around the shoulder area. So as long at the centre line to A17 x2 is the same distance as the shoulder tip to shoulder tip measurement (and that your armhole curves are correct accordingly), your pattern should be fine.

If you extend this in any way (either the neck circ or the shoulder length), then the shoulder tip may hang over onto the upper arm area. And if you diminish the across back measurement, then the garment won’t fit. So it’s a case of ‘pick your poison’. The only true answer is to create your pattern, create a muslin for your customer and see where any adjustments need to be made :grin: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ich denke auch, die Schulterlinie kann vor der Rückenbreite enden. Solche Figuren gibt es. Das Ergebnis der Anprobe interessiert mich sehr!

2 Likes

My opinion is that the shoulder point must be at least as wide as the across back width. If the back is wide and the shoulders are comparatively narrow, I think you must consider whether the back shoulder line should be drawn as usual, and have a larger dart, which would give more shaping to the back blade area. It is somewhat unusual to have a wider than proportionate back that is also flat and doesn’t need a dart.

2 Likes

Or muscle… there’s been more than a few times I’ve had to draft patterns for the body builder type, where they have large pec & bicep muscles, and having a 10in drop from chest to waist. Of course I’ve had to do just the opposite with the pear shape body where the waist is larger than the chest.

In either case there can be a big difference between a vertical / horizontal measurement VS a direct measurement over the body. It’s like comparing the diameter of a circle to 1/2 the circumference - which is approx 1 1/2 times the diameter.

1 Like

@Scholli : In der Grundschnitt-Konstruktion nach Müller und Sohn ergibt sich die Schulterlänge automatisch und und kann nicht vor der Rückenbreite liegen. Für diese Figurform müsste nach der Konstruktion eine Passform-Änderung gemacht werden. Das könnte genau diese Vergrößerung des Abnähers sein. Im Rückenteil könnte die in den Kneifbetrag ( Armloch oder Abnäher ) gedreht werden. Im Vorderteil könnte sie entsprechend in den Brustabnäher gelegt werden.

In the basic cut construction according to Müller and Sohn, the shoulder length results automatically and cannot be in front of the back width. For this figure shape, a fit change would have to be made after construction. That could be exactly this enlargement of the dart. In the back part it could be turned into the pinch amount (armhole or darts). In the front part it could be placed in the bust dart accordingly.

3 Likes

Ich habe es so hinbekommen, dass die Schulter nur einen auch größer ist als die Rückenbreite. Die Anprobe des Armloches war gut. Jetzt sitze ich am Ärmel:)

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback, @Scholli :slight_smile:

Danke für die Info, wie hast das “hinbekommen”?

Ich habe die Schulterbreite hinten um 1 cm erweitert. Normalerweise mache ich das nicht:)

2 Likes