Resolved Issue #85...Export draft blocks in draft mode

Just finishing up another long existing issue… export the draft blocks in the draft mode. This will export all the draft blocks in the draft scene as either a SVG, PNG, JPG, BMP, or PPM. The default is SVG.

exportdb_dialog

Added a new toolbutton export@2x

The export can be executed either from the toolbox, tools menu->operations, the operations toolbar, the toolbox tool bar, or via the keyboard shortcut.

exportdb_toolbox

exportdb_menu

exportdb_toolbar

exporrtdb_toolboxbar

When exporting as a PNG or JPG you can set the quality level, that is the level of compression used. The quality can be set in the Preferences… 0 being really compressed 100 being no compression.

export_pref

It should be noted that the export will pretty much be whatever colors, line types or font used for the labels, and what ever groups are set to be visible.

While I was at it, I added the JPG, BMP & PPM export types in exporting the pieces in Piece mode.

exportpp_types

Also fixed some export dialog display issues, while also adding the Quality slider which only is enabled if PNG or JPG is selected. It should be noted that this will reset the pref - for now. It was just easier this way without having to add a get & set method in the dialog… I may change it later.

exportpp_dialog

4 Likes

Oh, wow! I’d forgotten about this one. It will help educators so much. Thank you very much :star_struck:

1 Like

No doubt. At issue #84 / 85 it’s been there awhile. Actually a pretty simple feature to implement.:slight_smile:

1 Like

Reorganised the Export dialog…

exportpp_dialog2

3 Likes

Hello, I tried to export draft blocks but I can’t change the paper format. How can I change that?

1 Like

The paper format in the export only applies to PDF files. If you want a graphic format to fit on a given paper size - select fit to paper in your printer settings when you print - or use another app like Inkscape to scale the image.

1 Like

1 Like

This is all I get

2 Likes

Ah, I see what is going on, @MCdesigns. The only part of the draft which the export shows is the part below & to the right of the “Axis Origin”. Move “A” to a location which brings the whole draft into the lower right quadrant.

:unicorn:

1 Like

It worked ! Thank you very much

2 Likes

I should have been more specific. The paper formats are only available with tiled PDF’S in Layout mode.

I should note that exporting from Draft mode is more a documentation thing - it’s not meant to actually print your patterns - that’s what Layout mode is for. Exporting from Piece mode, on the other hand will allow you to export pieces where you can then manipulate them in another app - assuming a vector format such as SVG, PS, EPS, or one of DXF formats is used.

2 Likes