Repeat Not Responding on Win 10

I am using a relatively good laptop and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled Seamly2D, but every time I open the program after making a few clicks to make a new pattern the program lags and then stops responding completely. I then close and reopen and it does the same thing. It is completely unusable. What can I do to correct this?

1 Like

Is it possible for you to determine the build version / build date from the help menu?

Also is this happening just creating a new pattern or loading an existing pattern?

I build and run on a windows 10 laptop almost everyday and don’t have any issues as described. So we’ll need to try an determine why the app doesn’t run on your laptop.

1 Like

It’s Seamly 2D 0.6.0.4 I actually did a complete refresh of Windows on my computer as well. I started with a fresh pattern and also redid the measurements in SeamlyMe. I removed all previous versions of C++ visual and reinstalled the version that loads with Seamly2D. The repeat not responding only seems to happen when I go into add details and go into add a new pattern piece. I’ll have selected a few points and then it will go into not responding.

My computer is an HP Pavilion gaming laptop. It has a Ryzen 5 3550H (2.10 GHz) with 16GB of RAM.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean by “repeat”?

1 Like

Although the grammar of the phrases in which @duarne uses “repeat” would seem to indicate that they are speaking of hitting the L key to re-use a tool, I believe that they are saying that the bug occurs repeatedly, -it wasn’t a one time thing, but is fairly consistent.

1 Like

That would appear incorrect as the latest build is only 0.6.0.1.

I have an HP laptop with similar specs running windows 10… so I would think there shouldn’t be a problem there.

You didn’t mention the build date of the installation or it’s a 32 or 64 bit build? I’m thinking if I can install whichever build you’ve got on my laptop I may get some idea. I’m also thinking that if it’s a 64 bit build issue, I could have you try installing a current 32bit build from my fork… the weekly builds from the main repo are only 64bit now.

Is it possible for you to send a screen capture of what you’re doing when the app stops responding?

1 Like

I’m just trying to get a picture where or what may be causing an issue.

2 Likes