Regarding the road map - combine #260 and #484?

Hi!

I just read #260. Then I found #484 and thought it could be a good idea to create a user-definable grid layout not only based on common grid patterns as proposed in #484, but as individual lines a user can define based on a starting point (maybe the pattern root) up- and downwards and left/right, with their distance based on concrete calues or calculations dereived from the measurement table. This might help in different construction workflow ways of thinking: based on a strict common grid system, based on individual help lines, etc.

So you could have two different ways of grid creation:

• create an even grid layout up/down/left/right with x ( i. e. 1cm, 5cm, 1in, 4in lines) distance
  • create a list with “distance-from-pattern-root values” (in or cm) and only draw those lines, i. e.

`* 3.47 (x) up - ( ) down - ( ) left - ( ) right

• 5.67 ( ) up - (x) down - ( ) left - ( ) right
  • 24.5 ( ) up - (x) down - ( ) left - ( ) right
  • (heigth+7) ( ) up - (x) down - ( ) left - ( ) right
  • 12.0 ( ) up - ( ) down - (x) left - ( ) right
  • 30.8 ( ) up - ( ) down - (x) left - ( ) right
  • (chest_widht/4) ( ) up - ( ) down - ( ) left - (x) right`

Direction values are based on the root point of the pattern.

What do you think?

Holger

I think you should copy past your idea in the issue. Looks not bad.

But this task has very low priority for me. I am personally not really need it now. So all hope is now on someone who will propose a pull request.

Regarding your priority I’m totally fine with. I was just thinking how to improve the two feature requests to get the most out of both ideas :wink:

I think I’ll post it in #484 with a reference to #260