Problems with Length of Lines in Variables Table

Hi folks,

since the build of beginning of November I have troubles with variables. I want to make a variable in the variable table with a lenght of a line and some calculating on it.

Whenever I want to take the length of a (definitely existing) line, the next time I open the table the calculation says “0”. Also when I want to use the variable for defining the length o f a new line, the line becomes 0. Sometimes it shows the calculation right when I add a new increment. But that doesn’t last. The variables Table looks like this:

Today a new update came in, so I am working with the build of Nov 14, but this occured since I think the build of first or so of November.

Can you upload the .val file and identify which build ver you are using… use Help -> About Valentina to find the build ver.

It is the build of Nov. 14 :slight_smile:

see:build_valentina

I was told per PN meanwhile that it is Romans fork. But I’ll send the .val to Susan, if I can’t send it to you. Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

edit: I was able to send it to Susan.

You should be able to just attach the file to a post here… just click the upload icon to select a file to attach.

Well, the thing is, too much personal data for my taste Besides, I am still not sure about copyright in Germany, it differs from the one in US.

moniaqua… I took a look at your pattern file and there does seem to be a new issue with the increment formulas… it would do the same thing with a pattern file of mine that works fine in earlier versions of the program. I would bring it to Roman’s attention as it’s appears to be an issue in his recent build(s).

@Douglas thank you :slight_smile: He has attention :wink: I threw the repository out and wait patiently for Seamly… I can work around, so I will survive :slight_smile:

Hi, just bumping this up as I have the same issue. It’s really strange that I am able to pick the lines I want but when i hit refresh, the calculated value just says 0.

1 Like