Pattern making - Adjusting a sloper to one person

Hello all :slight_smile:

I have a question regarding how you adapt your constructed pattern to one person. This is applicable maybe for those who have customers (repeatedly the same person), or like me, who wants to construct my sloper digitally and than work with my construction to make new garments, instead of paper.

I have earlier constructed by paper, and used the system from Mueller & sohn. When I was finished, I sewed it up and did a couple of alterations.

Would you try to change the construction to fit real life? Or are there any construction systems you experience have a great fit when completed.

ps - I am sorry I had to edit, I did something wrong when posting! (Newbie)

2 Likes

Pues yo hice el molde basico para polera de hombre ,use el modo multitalla . El mismo básico el programa lo modifica ala talla que tú escojas . Si lo quieres para una persona en concreto debe crear un tabla solo para la persona .yo imprimí y me dio unas pocas diferencias en las medidas pero no he mirado si fue en la impresión o es que construí mi molde con ese error

2 Likes

Since you use the Mueller & Sohn method, create an individual measurements file according to the measurement areas that the book teaches using SeamlyME. This is perhaps the most tedious part of creating a pattern :slight_smile: but well worth the initial effort because you will be able to copy this first file over and over again using the Save As function and editing the measurements to suit whoever you are creating the pattern for.

Then open Seamly2D and create a basic block according to the Mueller & Sohn methods by first connecting your individual measurements, created above, into the pattern and where you are asked to reference a measurement, do so under the formula commands.

Once you have your basic block created, you will also be able to Save as another name, so that your basic blocks remain intact and you will be able to change, slash and spread into any other style that you desire. You will also be able to change the measurement file to the measurements of whoever you are creating for thereby almost ensuring a perfect fit every time.

You will always need to create a muslin to double check the fitting before you use expensive fabrics and only find out later that the fit wasn’t perfect. But this is the basic routine that I have found works fastest and easiest.

3 Likes

I use old sheets from thrift shops to make my “muslin” or test garments.

5 Likes

Thank you @Grace for your reply! OK, I can’t skip the muslin :slight_smile: I will do it properly. This is so much fun! I have just completed the construction in the program and can’t wait to try it on fabric to see how it fits. Thank you!

@kmf, that is a great idea! I have been at IKEA and they have a very cheap cotton fabric I use for sewing tests in (and for lining of other things, like tote bags etc).

1 Like

use whatever fabric,works for you. I use old sheets because I can get a king size sheet for $1 and I make,lots of test garments for actors in community theater

2 Likes

hi i would like of you try my method in pattern drafting.(mojo’s method).it all logical…so its sooo simple to follow …please try it and send me you feed back

i recently started youtube

you can also check my books for bodice and skirt

2 Likes