Notches/passmarks not showing on seamline

I want to add a passmark or notch on both the seamline and the margin. In the passmarks dialog, there is in fact a check button ‘Show the second passmark on seam line’ - but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

2 Likes

Sure. You need to go into the Application->Preferences… Select the Pattern Prefs. There should be a check box “Show second notch on seamline” Check it. It’s a legacy setting… probably something I could remove in a future update. BTW… you can also set the default settings for notches here. You can always override any particular notch when you add one.

0944ecfa6b560c7c74cf51462a655264ff1169db

2 Likes

OK, I have created my patterns on an installation of valentina. As it doesn’t have the Notches part (as in the above image), I downloaded the seamly2d appimage. It seems to work a treat at first glance. But: it does not read my pattern file, saying there is incompatibility past version 0.6.2. Are the two permanently split and users like me should decide on one of them; is there some way to move patterns between one and the other without having to completely recreate them? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask (and, obviously, I don’t know anything about the background of the split - I’m just a happy user of this great open source tool).

1 Like

Seamly2D can only read Valentina pattern files before the fork occurred - which is ver 0.6.0. If you knew how to cut any Valentina schema elements past 0.6.0 you could load a pattern into Seamly2D. To be honest I feel no desire at this time to make Seamly2D compatible with the current Valentina, as it would require constant pattern conversion updates. Not worth my time, which could be better spent adding useful features.

That being said, the same (incorrectly named) “passmark” on seamline checkbox needs to be checked in the Valentina prefs. Like I said, this is a legacy pref that doesn’t need to be there.

The choice us yours, but I would suggest keeping an eye on some upcoming Seamly2D updates. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found it - perfect. Will check new updates of seamly2d, too. I’m definitely interested in the background image feature–as per another thread–which does not seem to be included in the current version yet.

2 Likes

I have a major update to push, before the background feature update. Since it overhauls all the dialogs I’m being a bit over cautious checking to make sure I didn’t break anything major. I’ll probably push the major update this weekend, and once that’s merged, I’ll push the background image feature.

1 Like

Great stuff - looking forward!

1 Like