No puedo abrir un archivo VAT

Hola, Cuando intento abrir un patrón que ya he hecho me sale un error critico. Me pone element is not defined in this scope. No se que problema puede haber, pero no puedo estar haciendo el patrón todos los días de nuevo. Necesito hacer los cambios sobre ese patrón.

Muchas gracias. patrón base cuerpo del.val (13,0 KB)

1 Like

I will take a look later tonight after work… unless someone else beats me to it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL, I tried, but it’s really strange. Best you have a look :slight_smile:

@Sissi, please send the measurements file, as well - medias talla 40.vst - so that @Douglas can check the pattern properly. Thank you.

I took a quick look of the file on my phone… yes - strange how the pattern “version” element is down at the bottom, which is normally at the top. I don’t think the order of the element tags matters as long as an element is within it’s associated parent? But then again the reported error did reference “element” rather than an usual “object id” not found.

1 Like

I moved the bits to the correct position, but now it gives an error in Line 4 - which I don’t see anything wrong with:

As long as this this part is within the < pattern > element tag there shouldn’t be a problem.

<version>0.6.0</version>
<unit>cm</unit>
<description/>
<notes/>
<measurements>../medidas/multisize/medias talla 40.vst</measurements>
<increments/>
1 Like

:point_up_2: This is what I have, which gives the error on Line 4.

Anyway, I’m off now. It’s been a really loooonnnngggg day. :slight_smile: So I’ll leave it in your more capable hands :upside_down_face:

Don’t know how or why sone of the elements got moved in the file, but moving them up after the < pattern > tag worked. Not sure what the pattern is as I had to import an empty measurement file from the pattern. Anyhow… this should be fixed.

patrón base cuerpo del_fixed.val (13.1 KB)

1 Like

Oh, sure. I used multisized measurements. medias talla 402.vst (9,0 KB)

1 Like

Thank you very much! @Douglas and @Grace But why did I get an error? To prevent it from happening again every time I try to make a pattern. Do I have to make the pattern clockwise or something like that?

1 Like

@Douglas repaired your pattern. I tried to load the repaired file using the measurement file, but it seems that there are a few measurements not included in the file, so the result really isn’t anything to look at, but it does work now.

I really don’t know what caused the pattern to go like this. I can only think that it was something that happened outside of the program - like a power glitch or surge - which made the pattern save incorretly.

Drafting the pattern, you can do this any way you like but creating the pattern pieces is always in a clockwise direction. And the program won’t allow anything else, so this can’t be the cause.

What actually happened is, your pattern is saved as lines of text, each section in a certain place in the list of lines. Somehow, the lines that should have been at the top of the document were much lower down in the document. Seamly couldn’t read the pattern in the logical order of events. It couldn’t find the instructions that tell the program that this is pattern, it only found the actual pattern lines first, so it didn’t know what to do with them, and gave an error.

Anyway, you have your pattern back :slight_smile:

Yeah… I have no clue - other than manually editing the file - how it got mixed up like that. I’d have to look at the parsing code a bit closer, but I thought for example the < version > tag would be found as long as it’s between the < pattern > tags. I didn’t think the order matters. Maybe that only applies to the < draw > tags?

1 Like

Like Grace mentioned that only applies to creating pattern pieces from the objects you drafted in a block.

1 Like