NEED HELP URGENTLY: Parser Error

Hi,

After spending all morning making a pattern I have gone to reopen it and I am getting this message:

Parser error: Unexpected end of expression at position 22. Program will be terminated.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Pattern file is attached.

Thanks so much! Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Body Block.val (13.9 KB)

2 Likes

XS (4-6) MEASUREMENTS (CM).vit (2.3 KB)

these are the measurements too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome, @jessiemcewan. I’ll have a look.

Hmmm… it doesn’t even say where in the program.

I have no idea what has happened :frowning:

1 Like

Normally, the end of expression error has to do with the end of an instruction or group of instructions. It’s normally a / forward slash that will be in the front of the section name if that section has been used or after the name if it hasn’t been used.

I checked them all and they all seem ok.

I’m going to try deleting parts to see if I can find where the missing / is.

1 Like

Ok, it was somewhere in one of the pattern pieces. I deleted them all on the body suit (not the test square). Then put back the 1st one and everything worked. But when I tried to put back the 2nd one, the error was there.

So I deleted the 2nd one again & created another piece and it’s working.

You can delete the one that I made because I don’t think you’ll need it.

Body Block.val (15.1 KB)

You will need to direct the pattern back to your measurements file, because I put it into the same folder as the pattern.

1 Like

@jessiemcewan There was a CurrentSeamAllowance/ in the section which @Grace identified as containing the culprit. I added a 2, though I’m guessing I should have deleted the / instead. but it should be easy enough to adjust now!

Body Block.val (13.9 KB)

Many thanks to @Grace for identifying the search area, I wouldn’t have found it without you!

:unicorn:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help :slight_smile: That has saved me lots of time!

Sorry I couldn’t reply yesterday, my comment allowance was limited (I think due to being a new user!)

2 Likes

thank you very much :slight_smile: I really appreciate the help!

3 Likes

Oh, wow! @Pneumarian. I think we’ve had this before. I clean forgot about it!

You’re very welcome @jessiemcewan

1 Like

Actually in the last bug fix I made to fix the OK button in the piece dialog I came across an issue with the CurrentSeamAllowance variable… that may have other implications elsewhere. In the case of the OK button, it had to do with the variable has not been initialized yet when you’re creating a piece, so if the CheckState() routine tries to validate the before and after seam allowances - which default to CurrentSeamAllowance - it fails, and the OK button gets disabled. I worked around it, but should probably figure out how to initialize it when creating a piece.

2 Likes

Hey wait… I wonder what ver @jessiemcewan used to make the patten? Wonder if this ver was before I fixed the validation of the before and after allowances that allowed invalid chars in the formula?

2 Likes

I think it’s a slightly older one. If I’m not mistaken, the version on the newer ones is 0.6.3:

If it’s before fixing the before & after SA formulas, then that could explain why an invalid CurrentSeamAllowance variable could be written, but then produce an error when reading the pattern.

1 Like