Need Help Urgently: Error Parsing File

Hi, I need help fixing my Seamly2D pattern file. I have been working for days on this file and I should have been creating a manual backup. Sadly I did not.

For some reason I received a “critical error - error parsing file when creating or updating detail”. I am unable to open the file and make a correction, and this time, Seamly did not create an automatic backup.

Before I restart from scratch, I was wondering if there would be any way that someone could help me recover this file?

I am attaching a copy of my file. Bodysuit Sloper Multisize_Base Women 8_U_5802_Briana.val (264.2 KB)

Thank you very much,

Sandra

1 Like

Hola Sandra, bienvenida a la comunidad :slightly_smiling_face:

Descargue el archivo del patron para ver si te podia ayudar pero, falta el archivo de medidas de SeamlyMe, para poder abrirlo. Porfavor si lo pudieras cargar al foro.

Hello Sandra, welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:

I downloaded the pattern file to see if I could help you, but the SeamlyMe measurement file is missing to open it. Please if you could upload it to the forum.

2 Likes

Just a note… you can create an empty measurement file from an existing pattern… you’ll have to guess at filling in the measurements, but you can at least open someone else’s pattern without the measurement file.

import

2 Likes

I’m sure most if not all the file can be recovered. Since it’s a multisize pattern it may be a job for @Grace, as she’s got a lot of experience with them - at least way more than me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here is the measurement file. Thank you! Bodysuit Sloper Multisize_Women Sz Base 8-U_Input Verified.vst (7.1 KB)

1 Like

That would be fabulous! Fingers crossed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Something you could check is - see if there’s a .val.autosave file in the folder where you last saved the file. If there is you can rename the file without the .autosave and recover from it.

1 Like

Got this before the criticl error…

no intersect

1 Like

Waoo, no sabia!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Probare, Gracias por el dato.

Wow, I didn’t know!! :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I’ll try it, thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Hello @SandraB

I had to remove the pattern piece for the back bodice, so you will need to create it again. Here is your pattern back :slight_smile:

Bodysuit Sloper Multisize_Base Women 8_U_5802_Briana- A.val (259.0 KB)

2 Likes

Hi Grace, Thank you so very very much! You are a life saver! I was unsure how to fix the A50 issue but finally figured it out. All I needed to do was delete it.

PS - I tried to respond earlier but there is a limit on responses for newbies.

Sandra

2 Likes

Glad Grace was able to get the pattern fixed. The limit doesn’t last long… it’s just there to stop bots from spamming the forums.

1 Like